I also have the Indigo which I consider the best in my collection of winders: solid handle, the faster you crank the more you charge, and amount of light produced is good. It's a more recent purchase, my first dynamo lantern was the Datexx Sentina Outback: 4 led and it has 2 built in sensors, it can be set to turn on automatically when it gets dark and a motion sensor so it anything wanders by at night the light comes on for awhile, a dc jack for charging phones( asst. adapters included) and a usb port. Also a siren although not an important detail for me. I wish the handle was sturdier.

Garrity (no afiliation) very recently came out with a dynamo lantern that my husband bought, quality appears reasonable. He also bought the Sherpa which seems as well built as the Indigo and gives good light. I also own dynamo radios, one with solar which I have had for years and take on vacations, it was advertised as military quality and is holding up well, the newer version has a detachable light of sorts with (i think) non led bulbs.

I would choose my Indigo first and Outback second, I charge both by hand (the have adapters) every now and again and am satisfied with both.

Regarding solar power, this strictly my very Humble Opinion: I have yet to see in stores or the net a lantern with solar panels attached that would adequately charge the lantern. I have never owned or had a chance to try them, but a look at charge times and some experience with small panels I bought to play with makes me believe there isn't enough panel to produce enough juice assuming that the panels are quality to begin with. Not all panels are equal. My choice was to buy a larger solar panel to charge lanterns, etc and I finally settled on a flexible roll up panel( for portability) and use either an inverter for 120 or 12v jack. It arrived in the mail about a month ago and here in TN we are getting temps in the triple digits so I'm waiting for a chance to test it without getting heatstroke. Hope this helps.