I've heard mixed reviews on this one. Of course, SOG claims it surpassed the gov't tests for tip strength, corrosion resistance, etc. But if you are going to use this knife for "survival" situations, I would definately not recommend it. Like Chris said, it would be useless for wood splitting chores. <br><br>If you think about it, when is the last time you heard about a Navy UDT/SEAL member in the woods in a survival situation? Those guys are such badasses, they are in and out before you know they were there. Their knives are meant primarily for rope cutting, CQB, and constructing underwater demolitions. These are military/battle knives, period. I just wish I would've known that when I forked out $140 for the Ka-Bar Next Generation Tanto. Oh well, hindsight is 20/20.<br><br>I'm quite fond of the "sharpened prybar" when it comes to a survival knife. I would highly recommend the Becker Knife & Tool Co.'s C/U 7 or the Cold Steel SRK for a basic survival knife. You can get them for $50 and $60, respectively. But if you insist on spending that kind of cash for a knife, check out Fallkniven and Swamp Rat Knife Works.<br><br>John McIntire