Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 57 of 57 < 1 2 ... 55 56 57
Topic Options
#302311 - 02/26/24 04:07 AM Re: What did you do today to prepare? [Re: bacpacjac]
Phaedrus Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Big Sky Country
That's a good lookin' light!

#302315 - 02/27/24 11:41 PM Re: What did you do today to prepare? [Re: bacpacjac]
dougwalkabout Offline
Crazy Canuck
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Alberta, Canada
I have been investigating ways use some old PV solar panels and scrounged high-capacity computer fans to move heated air into freeze-sensitive areas of my sprawling house.

I might be able to do a direct-drive off the panels during the day, saving battery or generator power. This could be extremely handy -- heat is easy to generate, but moving it is a significant problem.

#302323 - 03/01/24 07:45 PM Re: What did you do today to prepare? [Re: bacpacjac]
Jeanette_Isabelle Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Nacogdoches, Texas
Today was a day filled with meaningful activities. My mom and I decided to clean our closets and donate clothes we no longer wear to a local charity. We also went through our medicine cabinet and found some over-the-counter medications that would expire soon. We decided to donate those as well, hoping they would be helpful to someone else.

After our donation, we went to Ollie's to do some shopping. I was ecstatic to find two pairs of jeans that fit me perfectly. While browsing, I came across three puzzles I couldn't resist buying. I also picked up a four-pack of highlighters, a small bottle of school glue, and a six-pack of clear tape. These stationery supplies are always handy to have.

During our shopping trip, I realized I needed to change my emergency prepping strategy. I made a list of the over-the-counter medications that I need to restock so I can be better prepared for any health-related emergencies. I also realized that I needed to replace the batteries in my D-Cell MAG-LITE flashlights. I decided to check prices at different stores to get the best deal.

I still need to buy the batteries, but I plan on doing it soon. Overall, it was a productive and fulfilling day. I am glad we could donate some of our belongings to a good cause, and I am happy with my purchases.

Jeanette Isabelle

#302324 - 03/01/24 08:34 PM Re: What did you do today to prepare? [Re: bacpacjac]
Carpal Tunnel

Because Sam's Club had the lowest price at $17.98, I ordered a 14-pack of Energizer D batteries from them.

Jeanette Isabelle

#302327 - 03/05/24 06:19 PM Re: What did you do today to prepare? [Re: bacpacjac]
Eugene Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Finally got a new watch as the display on mine went bad a long time ago.
I went ahead and got one of the higher end with GPS since my handheld GPS is now old enough to buy its own beer never know how much longer it will hold up so I have some redundancy there.

#302331 - 03/06/24 06:18 PM Re: What did you do today to prepare? [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: Jeanette_Isabelle
We also went through our medicine cabinet and found some over-the-counter medications that would expire soon.

I replaced the items I donated: the lice kit, Pepto Bismol, and Benadryl. I also replaced and rotated the Simethicone I used. And I also bought another twelve boxes of Propel with ten packets each.

Jeanette Isabelle

#302340 - 03/27/24 11:21 PM Re: What did you do today to prepare? [Re: bacpacjac]
dougwalkabout Offline
Crazy Canuck
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Alberta, Canada
I live on a hill, and I'm getting serious about controlling the fire load that directly threatens my property and buildings. Last year was a scary drought and fire year. This year will be worse.

I burned three giant brush piles, in succession, each the size of two pickup trucks parked together. This was only possible when we had enough snowfall to ensure safety. These have been accumulating for a full year -- it was not safe (or legal) to burn.

The chainsaw and I will be spending some quality time over the coming weeks, clearing deadfall and creating mowed halt lines. There is much more to do.

Page 57 of 57 < 1 2 ... 55 56 57

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online
1 registered (Ren), 474 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav
5368 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Corny Jokes
by wildman800
Yesterday at 10:40 AM
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/19/24 07:49 PM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
04/17/24 11:35 PM
Silver
by brandtb
04/16/24 10:32 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/16/24 03:13 PM
New York Earthquake
by chaosmagnet
04/09/24 12:27 PM
Bad review of a great backpack..
by Herman30
04/08/24 08:16 AM
Our adorable little earthquake
by Phaedrus
04/06/24 02:42 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.