Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#99735 - 07/12/07 06:30 PM Re: no comment [Re: OldBaldGuy]
Themalemutekid Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: New Jersey
Quote:

Throw it back on his lawn, that's what I used to do. Did it right in front of him once, so fresh it was still steaming, he didn't say a word...

Lol... yeah that seems like something i would do..

#99738 - 07/12/07 06:55 PM Re: no comment [Re: OldBaldGuy]
Frank2135 Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Ohio, USA
Originally Posted By: OldBaldGuy
Throw it back on his lawn, that's what I used to do. Did it right in front of him once, so fresh it was still steaming, he didn't say a word...

It works very well. Once when a guy walking his dog along our steet allowed him to poop on our lawn and then just strolled on, I went out, scooped it up with a plastic bag, and caught up to him. I tapped him on the shoulder and handed him the bag of warm poop, and said, "Here you go. If you ever need a baggie, just knock on the door."

He never has walked the dog past the house again.

Frank 2135

#99743 - 07/12/07 07:52 PM Re: no comment [Re: NightHiker]
Chris Kavanaugh Offline
Carpal Tunnel

I posted this not only in disgust, but because there may be a social connect to a public personality and programme in this forum and website's genre. We hear it all the time; a child sees a wrestling match and kills another child slamming her around. A TV cop show has the bad guy pouring bleach over a crime scene and now a bottle of bleach seems to be mentioned in several recent murder/abduction, sexual assault cases. And then people cite freedom of expression or the comment by Jessie Ventura that if you don't like it just don't watch. In our community there are disclaimers for legal liability. And some responsible instructors know well that if even a handfull of people started practising some of these skills some not insignificant damage to our wild areas would follow in short order. How many people have gone out to the desert and lopped up a 100 Y/O cactus to test their Klingon survival axe, taken one sip of the bitter juices and walked away- or worse yet decide the cactus was sick and tried it on 5 specimens? This is what I found once on an archaeological survey with a wannabe Rambo bent over vomiting.We live in 'The Information Age.' If I am injured by a defective product from the old 'Industrial Age' I can pursue legal redress. If information is being packaged as a product, the authors need to think beyond residuals. When you come off like Bear your going to inspire same. We don't need this.

#99754 - 07/12/07 09:03 PM Re: no comment [Re: OldBaldGuy]
rescueguru Offline
Wanderer

Loc: Southeastern USA
I absolutely agree, but why only one?? Maybe they should open the season on hoods and felons. We certainly have more than enough to go around. Not the time or the place for that discussion however.

#99755 - 07/12/07 09:24 PM Re: no comment [Re: paramedicpete]
ironraven Offline
Cranky Geek
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Vermont
I was thinking much the same thing. Probably not Bear, but one of his devoted followers and supporters.

When a man dare not speak without malice for fear of giving insult, that is when truth starts to die. Truth is the truest freedom.

#99756 - 07/12/07 09:27 PM Re: no comment [Re: Eugene]
ironraven Offline
Cranky Geek
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Vermont
There is a Unique Hell for people who dump pets. It's not as nice as the Special Hell.

When a man dare not speak without malice for fear of giving insult, that is when truth starts to die. Truth is the truest freedom.

#99758 - 07/12/07 09:29 PM Re: no comment [Re: Chris Kavanaugh]
Lasd02 Offline

Loc: Pasadena, Calif.

I just sent an e-mail expressing my displeasure with this whole situation. If enough viewers respond, maybe...just maybe the word will trickle down to Bear.

http://extweb.discovery.com/viewerrelations

#99762 - 07/12/07 09:53 PM Re: no comment [Re: rescueguru]
gatormba Offline

Loc: Alabama
Originally Posted By: rescueguru
I absolutely agree, but why only one?? Maybe they should open the season on hoods and felons. We certainly have more than enough to go around. Not the time or the place for that discussion however.

True, one month out of the year should be "National Improving the Gene Pool Month" during which it is open season on anyone who abuses animals, children, spouses, the elderly and the homeless.

Edited by gatormba (07/12/07 09:55 PM)

#99763 - 07/12/07 10:32 PM Re: no comment [Re: MartinFocazio]
ChristinaRodriguez Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Rhode Island
Animual cruelty is everywhere. Check out any of the stories from Pasado's Safe Haven and you'll see why it is so important to make animal cruelty a felony in as many states as possible. You don't even have to like animals that much to see how dangerous people like this are to a human community.

When I was a kid we lived at the Air Force Academy, and a neighbor of ours would shoot neighbors' fenced-in dogs with a BB gun when the owners were away or inside their houses. This was a fully grown man with a wife and son, and he wouldn't just torture animals, he'd mess with other people all the time. From what I heard he got away with lots of stuff because no one could completely prove anything and his father was a Colonel or something.

Some people you just can't turn your back on.

#99776 - 07/13/07 02:17 AM Re: no comment [Re: Chris Kavanaugh]
benjammin Offline
Rapscallion
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Anchorage AK
This thread encapsulates the spectrum of social responsibility. At one end, you have well meaning spectacles exercising influence on impressionable minds. Then the other end has people who willfully decide to be socially egregious, whether inspired by other well-meaning protagonists, or simply as a result of some creative thinking of their own volition.

I'd say that folks like Bear ought to think a little bit more about the message they are going to deliver vs. that which they would like to think they are portraying. Others, such as the fine, upstanding citizen at the Academy that shoots his neighbors' dogs with a bb gun just because he can, should be taken out and compassionately horsewhipped behind the shed, with the understanding that he needs help in overcoming some childhood trauma or other psychological phenomena which would otherwise make him a victim.

Then there are truly evil people, for whom a 240 grain piece of lead is their one and only reprieve. Self-inflicted would be preferable.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online
1 registered (Ren), 377 Guests and 55 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Jeanette_Isabelle
Yesterday at 01:15 PM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
04/17/24 11:35 PM
Silver
by brandtb
04/16/24 10:32 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/16/24 03:13 PM
New York Earthquake
by chaosmagnet
04/09/24 12:27 PM
Bad review of a great backpack..
by Herman30
04/08/24 08:16 AM
Our adorable little earthquake
by Phaedrus
04/06/24 02:42 AM
Amanda Nenigar found dead
by Phaedrus
04/05/24 04:39 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.