Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Topic Options
#9834 - 10/09/02 05:18 AM LOUSY MYLAR BALLOONS!
Chris Kavanaugh Offline
Carpal Tunnel

I am keeping my horses at a ranch below the Reagan Presidential Library. A brief run out to give medication turned into a daylong affair. I observed a flashing light just below the ridgeline. I was soon joined by a member of the Sherrif's mounted unit. We spent a frustrating 10 minutes on a cell phone trying to get the very security conscious library staff to respond. Finally We were told we could "ascend the summit" from the backside. Security would not walk a 100 yards to look down frown After a envigorating climb we found our victim. Mickey Mouse had apparently floated from Anahiem until becoming lodged in a bush, flapping in a perfect 3 beat sequence. My dislike for these balloons has only increased and I still think Randolph Scott made better westerns ;O)

#9835 - 10/23/02 03:36 AM Re: LOUSY MYLAR BALLOONS!
Trusbx Offline
addict

Loc: Ed's Country
so they do make good SAR signalling devices after all ! <br><br>Then again, the security staff are such LOSERS!<br><br><br><br>

Edited by Trusbx (10/23/02 03:37 AM)

#9836 - 10/25/02 03:13 PM Re: LOUSY MYLAR BALLOONS!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just out of interest what medication did you want to give to your horses?<br>reinhardt

#9837 - 10/25/02 03:37 PM Re: LOUSY MYLAR BALLOONS!
Chris Kavanaugh Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Rienhardt, I have a 26 y/o Hackney pony who has Cushings. I have to give him permax every day. It is a rather ritualized affair. He acts like he is dieing for all the children with carrots. When I show up he high stepps off with all the skill that won him 5 state championships and a national reserve. I am not of "the Horse whisperer" school. He gets a high decible diatribe about his manners and finally walks up to me. LOL

#9838 - 10/25/02 03:48 PM Re: LOUSY MYLAR BALLOONS!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Chris,<br>what do mean by Cushings. I never heard of it. <br>So does he run away from you or towards you? <br><br>PS how many other of those four legged animals have you got?

#9839 - 10/26/02 02:05 AM Re: LOUSY MYLAR BALLOONS!
Chris Kavanaugh Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Rienhardt, Enjoy Portugal and be sure to ride a Lusitano. Cushings is a condition associated with ageing where the pituitary gland overproduces and causes problems. It is a well known condition in both humans and animals, easily controlled with medication. I own 2 cutting bred Quarterhorses, 2 Hackney driving ponies that are my mother's and a saddlebred I just rescued.

#9840 - 10/26/02 08:42 PM Re: LOUSY MYLAR BALLOONS!
Chris Kavanaugh Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Rienhardt, Sandman's spirit of '76 pretty much trots all over his relatively huge paddock when I enter. I get plenty of negative comments about my "ill trained pony"- until I put him in harness and terrorize huge 17 hand dressage horses LOL. Spirit and his pasturemate Scandal led rather intense show careers with little enough time to be horses . We were lucky to acquire the best after their retirement. I think letting them goof off a little is a small price for their friendship. Horses are a lot like our preparations discussed here. Everybody can critique and judge, share ideas and knowledge. In the end we are all responsible only to ourselves.

#9841 - 11/03/02 07:32 PM Re: LOUSY MYLAR BALLOONS!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Chris,<br>Its great riding here, I've ridden twice now and its amazing what I have seen. We go accross paths hardly any one uses. They are very steep and rocky but the horses seem not to have a problem with it. But the land scape really is astonishing, a beautiful river, no one in sight and always challenging on a horse.<br>I finally had a chance to check out my dad's western sadle in the "outdoor" enviroment and felt great, esspecially cantering. <br><br>Nice to hear about your horses to. I'll see what I can do about riding a Lusitano. At the moment I ride a Rebatejo, real soft character of a pony, we borrow them form a Dutch farm here. The lady being more than happy that we ride them because she is too busy. <br><br>reinhardt

#9842 - 11/06/02 02:47 PM Re: LOUSY MYLAR BALLOONS!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Chris,<br>forgot to say if you ever fancy going riding in Portugal you're welcome.

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 318 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
03/27/24 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
03/27/24 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Using a Compass Without a Map
by KenK
02/28/24 12:22 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.