The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 13 of 13 < 1 2 ... 11 12 13
Topic Options
#95999 - 05/30/07 12:35 AM Re: Are you equipped to defend yourself [Re: ]
ScottRezaLogan Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Pttsbg SWestern Pa USA N-Amer....
When I speak of "Good Guys" and "Bad Guys", -I'm speaking in a General, All Round Sense! Black and White generally Very Much Holds True here! But there are also in some Times and Places, -some Shades of Gray!.

#96000 - 05/30/07 12:42 AM Re: Are you equipped to defend yourself [Re: NightHiker]
ScottRezaLogan Offline
Old Hand

Yeah, -we Can't Outlaw Cars and other Common, Everyday Implements!

And a further Backing of your Points toward Ben. -Our WW2 Forces Fighting Nazi Germany and Imperial Japan! Were we to Morally Recuse ourselves from being Armed!/ Andv USING such in our Own Self Protection!? They so could have Walked Right In!, -on Both Coasts, -on Pearl Harbor Day! Meeting Up and Dividing the Country at the Mississoppi!

#96083 - 05/30/07 05:40 PM Re: Are you equipped to defend yourself [Re: ]
DBAGuy Offline
dedicated member

Loc: Colorado Springs, CO
Quote:
I'm not aware of any British equivalent to Project MKULTRA.

I am sorry, but among many of the silly things bentirran has said, this takes the top spot.

I shall now indulge myself : BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA

#96086 - 05/30/07 05:55 PM Re: Are you equipped to defend yourself [Re: DBAGuy]
Anonymous
Unregistered

We might not of had Project MKULTRA but we did have the BBC indoctrinating children in the early 1970's, called the 'The Clangers'

#96091 - 05/30/07 06:24 PM Re: Are you equipped to defend yourself [Re: ScottRezaLogan]
BrianTexas Offline
Ordinary Average Guy
Enthusiast

Loc: North Central Texas, USA
You post reminds me of a discussion I had with my students regarding the theory of "just war".

One of my students disagreed with the need for a "just war" by claiming that she was "anti-war". I informed her that no sane person is "pro-war", that is "wants to see war". The premise of just war is that it should be avoided unless no other alternative to self defense is available and practical.

All people should be against war. However, war is sometimes the "necessary evil" needed to stop a greater evil.

For more info, I recommend that people read C.S. Lewis' essay, "Why I am not a Pacifist." His theory is that pacifism cannot stop absolute evil (think Hitler in Lewis' era). Perhaps the same applies when dealing with sociopathic and psychopathic criminals.

#96112 - 05/30/07 09:00 PM Re: Are you equipped to defend yourself [Re: simplesimon]
ScottRezaLogan Offline
Old Hand

"The Obvious Fact that the Virginia chap would have Simply used an Illeagal Gun is Never Mentioned".

-A Very True and Telling Point!

#96116 - 05/30/07 09:15 PM Re: Are you equipped to defend yourself [Re: Tom_L]
ScottRezaLogan Offline
Old Hand

I Differ with you on Tony Blair! You are Very Lucky to Have / Have Had him!

#96118 - 05/30/07 09:40 PM Re: Are you equipped to defend yourself [Re: ]
ScottRezaLogan Offline
Old Hand

Indeed!, -If one could Call it that! That particular Subset of Current Day American "Music" and Pop "Culture"!

And we *are* to Blame for Directly or Indirectly Importing that Bad Influence over to your Shores! Where its to some extent, -having the Effect you Describe!

OK, -Some of you Listen to it and Buy it, -so we are Both to some Blame. But the Greater and Initiating Blame here is Our's!

As an American, -I do Own Up to this and Apologize!

As for me, -I Long and have Always Been!, -into the Likes of Glen Campbell, Jackie DeShannon, your Petula Clark, the Peppermint Rainbow, Bobby Goldsboro, Joe South, the Fifth Dimension, Karen Carpenter, Gary Puckett & the Union Gap, -and a number of such Special, Topmost, Others! Real Music! I'm into Other such Great, Meaningful, and Tasteful Styles too! But these as I've mentioned, -are the Centerpeice and Core!, -of my "Musical Onion"! You've Very Well and Tastefully have Imported Petula Clark on over to us! Thanks a Million! We should NOT be Importing (what in my Personal Opinion is) the Absolute Bottom of the Barrel!, -on Back to you! (At least we've sent you some Tops of the Barrel too! Glen Campbell, for instance, -has Met your Queen! On your Home Soil.). And to a Certain Member here whose Username I think begins with an "S", -(I Forget just what his is!), -that I've Communicated with in the Past, -I Hasten to Say that -"LL Cool Jay is Allright!" At least Not every Last Bit of Rap et al, -is (in my View) Bottom of the Barrel Bad! Plenty Enuff Other though is! Enuff on this particular Aside for now!

Edited by ScottRezaLogan (05/30/07 09:42 PM)
Edit Reason: a Few More Clarifying Words.

Page 13 of 13 < 1 2 ... 11 12 13

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 318 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
03/27/24 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
03/27/24 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Using a Compass Without a Map
by KenK
02/28/24 12:22 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.