The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#94026 - 05/08/07 02:33 PM More anti-self defense silliness from Scotland
norad45 Offline
Veteran

Read about it here.

To summarize: thugs try to break into homeowners house armed with a crowbar. Homeowner confronts them at the front door. Thugs assault homeowner with a bottle. Homeowner's stepson fires two shots from an air rifle at thugs. Police come and arrest the stepson for assault and "possession of a knife." (Oh the horror!) Stepson pleads guilty.

The kicker: "It is not known if Mr Goldie (the thug) was charged with any offences after the incident"

We have to be vigilant that we don't end up in the same boat over here.

#94034 - 05/08/07 04:07 PM Re: More anti-self defense silliness from Scotland [Re: norad45]
Be_Prepared Offline
Addict

Loc: Massachusetts
Originally Posted By: norad45

You're right about that. If we don't... well, this time, unlike when we had to break off from Great Britain, there's no viable place to go for people who believe in what the founding fathers intended. Great read: America: The Last Best Hope (Vol's I and II). It's history without the politically correct doctoring, so it probably won't be in a public school anytime soon, but, at least it's not "banned in Boston" yet grin

- Ron

#94038 - 05/08/07 04:52 PM Re: More anti-self defense silliness from Scotland [Re: Be_Prepared]
raydarkhorse Offline
Addict

Loc: on the road 10-11 months out o...
The Audacity of people actually wanting to defend themselves in their own homes!

#94046 - 05/08/07 05:58 PM Re: More anti-self defense silliness from Scotland [Re: raydarkhorse]
jimtanker Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Fort Bragg, NC
In South Korea its the same way. A soldier was laid into by 12 S Koreans and put into the hospital. In his hospital bed he was charged with assault for defending himself. This happened in 2002 after all the riots there.

NO right to self defense there.

#94072 - 05/08/07 09:06 PM Re: More anti-self defense silliness from Scotland [Re: norad45]
Misanthrope Offline

Loc: Chicago burbs
<[censored] state of affairs and all the fresh air in the world will not make any f**king difference. Trainspotting

M

#94113 - 05/09/07 02:09 AM Re: More anti-self defense silliness from Scotland [Re: norad45]
ironraven Offline
Cranky Geek
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Vermont
I am so glad I'm a citizen, not a ******* subject. But this still shames me, as a member of Clans Cummings and McBeth.

When a man dare not speak without malice for fear of giving insult, that is when truth starts to die. Truth is the truest freedom.

#94142 - 05/09/07 05:32 AM Re: More anti-self defense silliness from Scotland [Re: ironraven]
Susan Offline
Geezer

Loc: W. WA
I agree with all the above, but I still like their Queen a lot better than our King.

sue

#94149 - 05/09/07 01:53 PM Re: More anti-self defense silliness from Scotland [Re: Susan]
norad45 Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Susan
I agree with all the above, but I still like their Queen a lot better than our King.

sue

I like her too. It's easy to like somebody with no power. There's one thing nice about having a President though. Whether you love them or hate them, you only have to put up with them for 8 years max. Some places combine the power of a President with the longevity of a Queen, and you end up with a swine like Castro. Ugh.....

#94151 - 05/09/07 01:54 PM Re: More anti-self defense silliness from Scotland [Re: Susan]
benjammin Offline
Rapscallion
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Anchorage AK
Yes, but at least we can get rid of ours if he don't work out. Our problem is we can't seem to find anyone better to replace him with. Were we to have our own queen next time around, I dare say it will not be an improvement, but a big step backwards.

Trainspotting, there's a couple scenes in that movie that really crack me up. On a whole, it is a fairly harsh but accurate indictment of the Scottish condition, not to say that parts of our own society aren't just as dismal. Things are tough all over, man.

#94240 - 05/10/07 12:15 AM Re: More anti-self defense silliness from Scotland [Re: norad45]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

To summarize: thugs try to break into homeowners house armed with a crowbar. Homeowner confronts them at the front door. Thugs assault homeowner with a bottle. Homeowner's stepson fires two shots from an air rifle at thugs. Police come and arrest the stepson for assault and "possession of a knife." (Oh the horror!) Stepson pleads guilty.

The kicker: "It is not known if Mr Goldie (the thug) was charged with any offences after the incident"

Can I ask those who find this story, lets say unjustifiable, to put themselves in the defendants shoes (the man charged in this story with the assault with a firearm, Mr Ali) and place the scenario in there own US state and taking into account their own States laws what would have been the outcome if Mr Goldie came knocking at your door in the same fashion. (please don't duck the question by saying this scenario would not happen because of the current Gun Laws in the US, you should remember that the 'thug' is drunk and on drugs. Oh and to be realistic as Airguns are easier to obtain in the UK rather than a proper gun, lets not assume that you are not using an air rifle but the firearms you currently have to hand.)

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 413 Guests and 59 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Jeanette_Isabelle
Today at 07:49 PM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
04/17/24 11:35 PM
Silver
by brandtb
04/16/24 10:32 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/16/24 03:13 PM
New York Earthquake
by chaosmagnet
04/09/24 12:27 PM
Bad review of a great backpack..
by Herman30
04/08/24 08:16 AM
Our adorable little earthquake
by Phaedrus
04/06/24 02:42 AM
Amanda Nenigar found dead
by Phaedrus
04/05/24 04:39 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.