Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#94800 - 05/16/07 01:45 PM Re: More anti-self defense silliness from Scotland [Re: 7point82]
OldBaldGuy Offline
Geezer

Loc: Former AFB in CA, recouping fr...
Wow, I love it! Too bad more states don't have laws like that; home breakins, carjackings, etc, would probably decrease like crazy...

#94836 - 05/16/07 08:20 PM Re: More anti-self defense silliness from Scotland [Re: norad45]
jamesraykenney Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Beaumont, TX USA
Originally Posted By: norad45

<snip>
Obviously because, in the paradise that has become Scotland, any attempt at self-defense using a weapon, no matter how reasonable, is illegal and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. But armed home invasions are winked at.
<snip>

If you think that is crazy, read THIS.

Burglars are not supposed to be let off with a caution(kind of like a traffic ticket, where you plead guilty and get a fine, but it goes on your record) because their jails are crowded.

#94844 - 05/16/07 09:49 PM Re: More anti-self defense silliness from Scotland [Re: jamesraykenney]
Blast Offline
INTERCEPTOR
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: TX
Quote:
If you think that is crazy, read THIS.

How can people live this way/let this happen?! I wonder how long it'll be before vigilante justice takes over.

Hmm, on the other hand... I've always wanted my own private island. The way it looks me and a few of us here could rule Britania. Hey Ironraven, do you want to be Dravot or Carnehan? Anyone else want in?

-Blast
Radio Call Sign: KI5BOG
*As an Amazon Influencer, I may earn a sales commission on Amazon links in my posts.

#94845 - 05/16/07 09:58 PM Re: More anti-self defense silliness from Scotland [Re: Blast]
Be_Prepared Offline
Addict

Loc: Massachusetts
perhaps we could interest them in some shrubberies? grin I'll be Arthur

"Oh, what sad times are these when passing ruffians can 'ni' at will to old ladies. There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress at this period in history."

- Ron

#94846 - 05/16/07 10:17 PM Re: More anti-self defense silliness from Scotland [Re: Be_Prepared]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Even Arthur, King of the Britons had a difficult time making the peasants understand that he was king.
'Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government'

Edited by bentirran (05/16/07 10:22 PM)

#94857 - 05/17/07 12:24 AM Re: More anti-self defense silliness from Scotland [Re: ]
Be_Prepared Offline
Addict

Loc: Massachusetts
Originally Posted By: bentirran
Even Arthur, King of the Britons had a difficult time making the peasants understand that he was king.
'Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government'

Well, but you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just 'cause some watery tart threw a sword at you!

- Ron

#94861 - 05/17/07 01:13 AM Re: More anti-self defense silliness from Scotland [Re: Be_Prepared]
Blast Offline
INTERCEPTOR
Carpal Tunnel

Quote:
perhaps we could interest them in some shrubberies? I'll be Arthur

Dibs on Tim the Enchanter!!!

-Blast
*As an Amazon Influencer, I may earn a sales commission on Amazon links in my posts.

#94868 - 05/17/07 02:22 AM Re: More anti-self defense silliness from Scotland [Re: Blast]
ironraven Offline
Cranky Geek
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Vermont
Well, Heinlein did have a revolt that started in Scotland in one of his novels- Starship Trooper? Puppet Masters?

*sticks hand in back pocket* Blast you Blast, you twisted my arm into having to go back and read all that wonderful old sci-fi again. :P

When a man dare not speak without malice for fear of giving insult, that is when truth starts to die. Truth is the truest freedom.

#94872 - 05/17/07 02:32 AM Re: More anti-self defense silliness from Scotland [Re: ironraven]
benjammin Offline
Rapscallion
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Anchorage AK
Yes, well, I want to be the keeper of the Vorpal Bunnies then.

#94878 - 05/17/07 03:10 AM Re: More anti-self defense silliness from Scotland [Re: ironraven]
Blast Offline
INTERCEPTOR
Carpal Tunnel

Quote:
go back and read all that wonderful old sci-fi again. :P

Don't forget "Tunnel in the Sky"!! Throw some L. Niven and A.C. Clarke in too.

If you have the time read this series and let me know what you think.

-Blast

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 324 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Using a Compass Without a Map
by KenK
02/28/24 12:22 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.