Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 5 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14 >
Topic Options
#9050 - 09/29/02 02:34 PM Re: What are your 10 most important tools?
Craig Offline

Loc: Collegeville, PA, USA
miniMe,<br><br>I gotta ask, when you mention, "For example, right now (urban env at a desk) I am carrying...," what kind of container are you using? I'm using a cosmetics bag at the moment.<br><br>Craig

#9051 - 09/29/02 02:37 PM Re: What are your 10 most important tools?
Craig Offline

snoman,<br><br>You said, "I carry a pouch on my belt that is both small enough to carry every day, and yet big enough to actually be some help if I need it." Can you tell the dimensions, make, and model of this pouch?<br><br>Craig

#9052 - 09/29/02 02:38 PM Re: What are your 10 most important tools?
Craig Offline

Yeah, me too. I'm happily addicted.

#9053 - 09/29/02 05:33 PM Re: What are your 10 most important tools?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am suprised I havent heard anyone say anything about small bottles of super glue. makes a great fix all and good for medical use on wounds.<br><br>ballonman

#9054 - 09/29/02 10:25 PM Re: What are your 10 most important tools?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Craig,<br> Mode of carry detailed as below.<br><br>knives: leatherman wave - Belt sheath<br>Mini multi tool with built-in flashlight - key chain<br>4 safety razors - Altoids tin psk<br>2 Xacto blades - altoids tin psk<br><br>Fire: mini Bic lighter - pocket<br>Spark light fire starter and 5 tinder tabs - Altoids tin PSK<br><br>Water:<br>20 Potable Aqua tabs - Altoids tin PSK<br><br>Cord: 10 ft of paracord - wrapped around the Altoids tin<br>100 ft of strong nylong line - pocket<br>30 ft of nylong string - altoids Tin<br><br>Tarp: large garbage bag - altoids tin<br><br>Whistle: aluminum key-chain whistle - key chain<br><br>Mirror: Inner surface of the Altoids tin<br><br>Compass: Button compass liberated from REI key fob - Altoids Tin<br><br>DuctTape: 10 ft folded flat rolled on itself. - Altoids Tin

#9055 - 09/30/02 01:49 PM Re: What are your 10 most important tools?
paramedicpete Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Frederick, Maryland
We have had several discussions on the use of super glue for wound care. I would suggest you check out those threads before using on any wounds. Pete

#9056 - 09/30/02 06:30 PM Re: What are your 10 most important tools?
M_a_x Offline
Veteran

Loc: Germany
Super glue may provide a quick fix for many things but it also has serious drawbacks. The glue isnīt elastic and it deteriotates in alkaline substances and mild heat. Once you open the the bottle, it should be stored refrigerated to prevent it from hardening. <br>I saw more than one person accidently glue fingers to something because the glue hardens that fast (as the glue needs moisture to harden you can actually glue your fingers to two objects and the objects still donīt stick together). That could be more than a minor mishap.<br>So generally super glue may be a nice-to-have item but it doesnīt make it to my important items list.

#9057 - 09/30/02 10:36 PM Re: What are your 10 most important tools?
Craig Offline

Thanks, miniMe. <br><br>I must ask, however, the make and model of your "Mini multi tool with built-in flashlight." Okay, so I'm a gear nut. I confess. Grin.<br><br>Also, since you carry your Leatherman Wave out in the open, so to speak, on your belt, you must work in a non-conservative office environment. Couldn't be a law office, for instance. Did you get any comments when you first started carrying it on your belt? Do you get any comments now?<br><br>Craig<br><br>

#9058 - 09/30/02 11:55 PM Re: What are your 10 most important tools?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I found the mini-multitool as a counter item at the Cumberland Farms convenience store. Seems well constructed and fits nicely on the key-chain. About 2.5 inches long, One handle holds the light which folds out like a blade. It is powered by a stack of four watch batteries and is about 1.5 inches long and 1/2 inch diameter. Other handle holds a serated blade, straight blade, small philips head and flat head with a bottle opener on the flat head blade. The pliers have spring loaded jaws and a small wire cutter at the base along with quite pointed nose.<br><br>I wear the leatherman in the open and I have only gotten comments when I use it. I work as a software engineer and I get more comments on my beard than on the leatherman.<br>

#9059 - 10/01/02 02:43 AM Re: What are your 10 most important tools?
Anonymous
Unregistered

about the super glue. I havent heard of it drying up or anything. The reason its not a problem or hasard is because you clean and close the wound. The glue just coats the top. duct tape does the same job but not on weird joints. I am taling about the little tubes.

Page 5 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 325 Guests and 52 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Using a Compass Without a Map
by KenK
02/28/24 12:22 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.