Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#89998 - 03/31/07 04:32 AM Medical Kit
TQS Offline

Loc: Humboldt County, CA
Here's a site that might be of some interest to those putting a medical kit together, such as myself:
Operational Medicine 2001

#90004 - 03/31/07 04:59 AM Re: Medical Kit [Re: TQS]
OldBaldGuy Offline
Geezer

Loc: Former AFB in CA, recouping fr...
Wow, that is quite a load pictured. In the old days medics were basically non-combatants, but now-a-days I understand that they are shooters as well as healers. I wonder how that guy pictured is gonna carry his bullets and beans on top of all that medical gear...

#90009 - 03/31/07 06:06 AM Re: Medical Kit [Re: OldBaldGuy]
ironraven Offline
Cranky Geek
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Vermont
Well, in all honesty, I think the US, the Brits and the Commonwealth, and maybe the French have been really hard and fast about the "don't shoot at the guys silly enough to wear red crosses" rule. As for how it all works...

And an M-16 isn't a violation of the thing that says that medics can't carry rifles, because that rule DOES allow medic to carry carbines and other defensive weapons. :P

When a man dare not speak without malice for fear of giving insult, that is when truth starts to die. Truth is the truest freedom.

#90012 - 03/31/07 07:24 AM Re: Medical Kit [Re: ironraven]
Leigh_Ratcliffe Offline
Veteran

Loc: United Kingdom.
2 point's:
1) At least one medal of honnour has been won by a medic defending his patients.
2) Only the civilised world observes the laws of war. The bunch that we are up against at present don't. They expect to be treated according to the geneva convention and the laws of war if captured, but claim the right to treat any serviceman who falls into their hands any which way they see fit.

I'm not going to go into a rant about the subject as this is not the right place, but I will note that we are effectivly back to 18th & 19th century colonial warefare. And those rules apply.

#90015 - 03/31/07 08:17 AM Re: Medical Kit [Re: TQS]
TQS Offline

Loc: Humboldt County, CA
Does anyone know where this stuff on this site can be purchased?

#90019 - 03/31/07 10:01 AM Re: Medical Kit [Re: ironraven]
JIM Offline
Old Hand

Loc: The Netherlands

#90025 - 03/31/07 12:13 PM Re: Medical Kit [Re: JIM]
MDinana Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Beer&Cheese country
Numerous MOH were awarded to medics in Vietnam. Probably every other war as well.

Carrying a rifle isn't "self defense." It's "high speed preventitive medicine." The way I look at it, you prevent the other person from shooting, you've just kept yourself fro getting a patient.

#90037 - 03/31/07 02:50 PM Re: Medical Kit [Re: TQS]
OldBaldGuy Offline
Geezer

Loc: Former AFB in CA, recouping fr...
This is the closest I found with a little googling.

If you google MOLLE MEDICAL BAG/ SURGICAL INSTRUMENT SET you will find lots of military looking medical (and other) stuff...

#90051 - 03/31/07 05:14 PM Re: Medical Kit [Re: TQS]
ironraven Offline
Cranky Geek
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Vermont
What part of it do you want? The pack and MOLLE components can be purchased through US Cav if you want brand new, or from any of a couple dozen jobbers who are buying them used from the DoD with the retirement of old camouflage patterns.

Either way, I'd probably replace the pack frame with the civilian Outdoor Products Enduroflex (which is very similar and has a better track record) or the Gen4 MOLLE packframe from Eagle (same pattern, MUCH MUCH better built). The origional frame has a bad reputation for snapping when you need to be able to count on it.

When a man dare not speak without malice for fear of giving insult, that is when truth starts to die. Truth is the truest freedom.

#90066 - 03/31/07 09:56 PM Re: Medical Kit [Re: ironraven]
garrett Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: North Carolina
Good info there, but I must admit, most of the Doc's I have worked with don't carry all of that. Most are good enough to accomplish just about any task with the bare essentials or level one bag. Most of the stuff listed is actually at the Battalion Aid Station, and not on the Corpsman. Also, notice the date, alot has changed since then.

This info is still good to go. The total wieght is bad, but for a BOB/BIB, it would be fantastic! I have seen some of the components of this full set on ebay, but it has been a while.

Garrett

Edited by garrett (03/31/07 09:57 PM)
Edit Reason: I wish I could type!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 269 Guests and 21 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Using a Compass Without a Map
by KenK
02/28/24 12:22 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.