There's too much to do and not enough hours in the day. <br><br>I'm looking for a volunteer to help maintain and improve the various link pages on ETS, including the manufacturer and retail sources pages and the schools pages.<br><br>Work will entail about 25% keeping links and contact information current and about 75% adding to the existing listings. You must be anal about accuracy and cynical enough to winnow the chaff from the grain for new listings. Extensive survival or SAR experience not required, though some would be helpful. Mostly must have a sincere interest in the subject and a few hours a week to dedicate to the job.<br><br>Updating and adding to the book and video review pages is also a possibility for the right person, requiring more extensive survival and SAR experience and background. This would involve writing brief reviews and rating them with a critical eye and in accordance with existing ETS standards and philosophies. Review copies of pubs available. Anyone interested in this aspect will be asked to submit sample reviews and ratings.<br><br>Basic HTML skills required. Nothing fancy, you'd pretty much just be following the existing template. No Frontpage or similar WYSIWYG programs. HomeSite, Notepad, or similar raw HTML coding required. Anyone who can deal with the basic skills in "HTML for Dummies" would do fine. Must also be able to use FTP to upload and download files from the server. If this sounds like total gibberish to you, then you're unlikely to have the basic skills necessary. I would consider someone otherwise qualified who was willing to learn, on their own, the HTML skills required.<br><br>Volunteer will receive the same pay as I do, pretty much nothing but the thanks of those who find this information helpful. You will receive credit on the masthead and byline as appropriate.<br><br>If there are any suckeH^H^H^, excuse me, volunteers out there who are interested, :-) please EMAIL me at dritter@equipped.org. This is an announcement only, please do not reply on the forum.<br><br>Doug Ritter<br>Editor<br>Equipped To Survive
Chairman & Executive Director
Equipped To Survive Foundation
www.KnifeRights.org
www.DougRitter.com