Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#87971 - 03/10/07 12:53 PM Re: expandable batons... [Re: ironraven]
CentralOklahoma Offline

Loc: Oklahoma
Okay whatever. a steel bar smacked up against someones head can be lethal force.

Edited by CentralOklahoma (03/10/07 12:54 PM)

#87979 - 03/10/07 09:59 PM Re: expandable batons... [Re: CentralOklahoma]
ironraven Offline
Cranky Geek
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Vermont
True. And that is why you DO NOT make head and spine strikes unless you have every legal right and obligation to simply shoot them.

If you have a knife, I can stop you just as easily by breaking or dislocating your knee and backing up as I can by caving in your skull. Easier, really, becuase your skull is a crash helmet.

Unless you are being paid to kill people or keep the peace, your mission is to keep you and yours alive. That means disable and retreat immediately when you are out and about. If you have a difference of opinion, I'd advise you to keep a good criminal defense and a good civil lawyer on retainer. Becuase you're going to need the latter and probably the former- you've just made a public statement as to your intent to end the life another in a public and recorded forum.

Oops.

When a man dare not speak without malice for fear of giving insult, that is when truth starts to die. Truth is the truest freedom.

#88022 - 03/11/07 10:28 AM Re: expandable batons... [Re: OldBaldGuy]
aloha Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Hawaii, USA
OBG,

He was actually sitting in a stall doing his business. Unfortunately, the public park bathroom he was at didn't have doors on the stalls. So the two pun, err troublemakers came in smoking dope and decided they wanted to make trouble.

One peered over one wall while the other walked right in. We could never figure out why the guy that was looking over the wall tried to get at him in the stall after the first one was already decorating the stall floor. My teacher walked out of there after he finished up with those two guys still unconscious in that bathroom stall.

Spooky stuff, but a happy ending.

#88026 - 03/11/07 02:22 PM Re: expandable batons... [Re: aloha]
OldBaldGuy Offline
Geezer

Loc: Former AFB in CA, recouping fr...
I guess he started from a different stance than usual that time...

#88036 - 03/11/07 07:27 PM Re: expandable batons... [Re: djk010468]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Self defence class British Style can be viewed here at Youtube

Edited by bentirran (03/11/07 07:28 PM)

#88092 - 03/12/07 06:45 AM Re: expandable batons... [Re: OldBaldGuy]
aloha Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Hawaii, USA
Porcelan horse stance to be exact.

#88212 - 03/13/07 07:20 AM Re: expandable batons... [Re: ironraven]
CentralOklahoma Offline

Loc: Oklahoma
I am happy that you and I agree that a steel baton, such as an ASP, could easily be used as a deadly weapon, especially if used against targets such as the head / neck.

I like most common sense people, would have no problem shooting to stop anyone attempting to use a baton against me. Its the dont bring a club, rock, knife, etc. to a gun fight.

Carrying a baton concealed in Oklahoma is a crime. Carrying a firearm concealed with a permit is not.

Have a good day.

#88643 - 03/18/07 12:30 AM Re: expandable batons... [Re: CentralOklahoma]
amper Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: US
I really don't like hearing the old saw about how if you don't have extensive training in any particular weapon, then you are more likely to have that weapon taken away from you and used against you, or variations thereof.

This is nothing but the same sort of fear-mongering that anti-weapon advocates of every kind use to try to keep the rest of the people too scared to defend themselves.

You think you can grab my stick from me? When I'm swinging it at you full force at at its full reach? I'm not saying it can't be done, but the odds are against you, no matter what my level of training is. A stick is a simple weapon. You swing it, and if it hits, you're going to be hurt, no matter what body part gets hit.

The bottom line is, every fight is a potentially deadly situation, no matter if weapons are involved or not. Better to have a weapon than not, period. Even better to have training in that weapon, but when push comes to shove, you use whatever you have available, period. Whether that's a gun, a knife, a stick, a bucket of water, a handful of sand, a stick of bubblegum, or just your wise-ass mouth, every weapon you can employ gives you an advantage.

#88890 - 03/20/07 03:44 PM Re: expandable batons... [Re: amper]
sparky Offline

I was looking for some batons today and didnt find any asp...
These available batons are no name so i am not sure is it smart to buy them even i must say that they look and feel solid... confused
As far as the all training stuff goes, the bastards who attacking you when you going home from club,disco or whatever are (in my experience) drunk,druged and preety stupid.Bunch of retarded kids 18-25 years old and they wanna have some action.
On them i would have no mercy and understanding.
You have to show them hell.
Scenario is like this...
I am going home with my girlfriend and two of them come to us and asking a cigarette.
I said i dont smoke, he said to me you are gonna start to smoke!!!
My girl pull me away and i stayed cool only because of her...and i wasnt drunk at that time so we left...
I hate those troublemakers...
Sometimes i wish i am in the middle of forest with them,there is no cops and law and no witneses... mad

#89399 - 03/25/07 03:13 AM Re: expandable batons... [Re: yeti]
aligator Offline
Journeyman

Loc: NY
Ladies and Gents, Yeti, I don't know if this has been discussed elsewhere, but,

I have ASP batons,
they are illegal for a civilian to carry here in NY
In my limited experience, they loosen as they are being swung and can collapse on a thrust. I've heard that the Manodnoc is better in this regard though I have no experience with them.

Not germane to your question, but what about a walking stick or cane?
There was a time when a well dressed gentleman would never dream of going out without his walking stick, and they knew how to use them. There are autopsy reports to attest to their effectiveness. It is said that sometimes their sticks had metal tips and a glancing blow to the neck with the tip, even through an overcoat collar, would lacerate the carotid artery.
They, are the only weapon that doesn't need to be accessed or drawn to be used, they are already in your hands.
They are legal anywhere.
They are not viewed by other people or the constabulary as weapons.
They won't collapse on you at an inopportune time.
I like a good strong piece of hickory. I even get compliments on mine.
See www.canemasters.com.
Regards, Jim

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 258 Guests and 120 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav
5368 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Corny Jokes
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/19/24 11:47 PM
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/19/24 07:49 PM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
04/17/24 11:35 PM
Silver
by brandtb
04/16/24 10:32 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/16/24 03:13 PM
New York Earthquake
by chaosmagnet
04/09/24 12:27 PM
Bad review of a great backpack..
by Herman30
04/08/24 08:16 AM
Our adorable little earthquake
by Phaedrus
04/06/24 02:42 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.