The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#86073 - 02/19/07 10:22 PM It is now my Considered Judgement,-
ScottRezaLogan Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Pttsbg SWestern Pa USA N-Amer....
That something Significant / Serious will sooner or later, -and I think this is more toward the Sooner side, -so will happen to us. / U.S.

I'm gonna be as Minimal as I can here, -towards avoiding Improper or Uncomfortable Ground. An Urgeing of Awareness and Preparedness is my Purpose, -Not political sounding off.

No, -I don't have any Direct Knowledge or the like, on any such.

This just springs from manifold, general, longstanding and continueing Trends and Indications, concerning such. And of a Gut Sense which springs from long experience with Life in general, -and of things like a Sense of Foreign Affairs and History.

Thereby, in my view, -Something is Gonna Happen! One of these days. I so feel that America is gonna get Swonkered Good. (And / or elsewhere in our overall West).I Feel that something, Unfortunately and God Forbid, -is gonna happen again!

There was once a time when I couldn't quite see it!, -the Nuts and Bolts of Just What and How? I of course still do not know of any such Details or Specifics. But I have a much Clearer Idea of such General Trends now.

Which is?,-our now Longstanding Dose of "Doing it to Ourselves"! And other general, all round Forgetting. This is the Source, -of my increased Feeling of Emperilment so. Towards conveying that Root Reason so, -I am speaking of all the general, -"Get Out Now!" (or rather Soon) Talk that is going round.

In my view, -This is Really Tempting those out there who are really Endangering us! We're just Handing them one!

I couldn't see "Just How" they were going to do it Before, (late 2001 to early 2003), -But I can Far More Clearly see it now! (Albeit still in a General Sense).

They Sense "Fleeing Prey", -and their "Pursuit now gets Cranked Up!" Even over levels that it's always been before. Its a Real "Dog Meat Temptation", -Dangled right Before them!

Therein lies the Increased Danger! Of our own Emperilment, -I'm Sorry to have to say! That Opponent is *not* in the Sunday School League. We should "Play" accordingly.

Moral of the Concern here, -beyond Ceaseing and Desisting from such a "Thin Ice Course", -(notwithstanding that some misthink the War, et al, to be such a course), -is to Prepare! And to Be Aware! Including on things like Knowing which Direction and whether, to Bug Out or Hunker Down, and of When.

Again, -We're Needlessly and Counterproductively Doing it to Ourselves! Opening the Gate! Holding Out the Bait! However Non-Intentionally or Unknowingly that may be.

I *couldn't* See "Just How" before! But *now* very much Can! We are Greasing their Skids, -via Ourselves!

We *do* do this, -at a Real Mortal Danger and Peril!

Be that as it may. It only speaks All the More so!, -to us to Prepare!

Less of that would be Needed!, -were we ourselves *not* considerably Enabling it so!

Granted there are many "False Alarm Scares"! But there are many Madrids, Londons, and Balis as well.

This is now my Honestly Considered Judgement. [color:"black"] [/color] [email]ScottRezaLogan[/email]

#86074 - 02/19/07 11:30 PM Re: It is now my Considered Judgement,-
benjammin Offline
Rapscallion
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Anchorage AK
If we are facing an imminence, then it is perhaps due in greatest course from the illusion of the society we have created. We have indeed become our own worst enemy. We simply cannot avoid getting in our own way most of the time, and while we struggle with ourselves trying to decide with resolve how we ought to be in this world of ours, we allow the festering pimple of tyranny and exploit to contaige across the planet, and reward hatred and abuse where we would previously have isolated and excised the infection.

I grow weary of working and paying for a system that no longer serves the greater interest. Would that there were another way, but alas my more recent forefathers sold out what was once a great system of freedom and accountability in order that the weak and the fools might not perish as would naturally occur otherwise.

#86075 - 02/20/07 05:09 AM Re: It is now my Considered Judgement,-
Chris Kavanaugh Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Do what you can for whatever keeps you awake at 2A.M. then pop some champagne, put Mozart on the CD player and loosen up for awhile.

#86149 - 02/20/07 07:55 PM Re: It is now my Considered Judgement,- [Re: ScottRezaLogan]
wildman800 Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: La-USA
I agree what has been said thus far.
Based on history and normal human inclinations, I see us repeating the 1920's in an economic tradition (meaning another greater "depression/economic re-alignment").
I personally believe that this time is equal to the "Quasi War" that marked the beginning of WW2.
I also believe that Einstein was totally correct when he answered a question: "I don't know what weapons will be used in WW3, but I do know what weapons will be used in WW4-sticks and stones"

I also believe on counting on no one but myself. Anything else that happens along the way, MAY be welcomed (if good) or at least endured (if bad), but I will remain in charge of my own course of action, regardless.

My last word is: keep all things in moderation. Proper planning lets me sleep all night (except for those bathroom wake up calls).

#86195 - 02/21/07 01:20 AM Re: It is now my Considered Judgement,- [Re: Chris Kavanaugh]
benjammin Offline
Rapscallion
Carpal Tunnel

I sleep fine, long as I have my Glock 21 under my pillow (back home in Jersey anyways).

Here in Brisbane, it's a boomerang, mate.

#86484 - 02/23/07 09:00 AM Re: It is now my Considered Judgement,- [Re: Chris Kavanaugh]
Stretch Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Alamogordo, NM
Originally Posted By: Chris Kavanaugh
Do what you can for whatever keeps you awake at 2A.M. then pop some champagne, put Mozart on the CD player and loosen up for awhile.

Sage advice.

Somethings ARE going to happen, one of which is the sun will rise tomorrow morn. Sleep 'til then.

#86621 - 02/25/07 01:53 AM Re: It is now my Considered Judgement,- [Re: ScottRezaLogan]
raydarkhorse Offline
Addict

Loc: on the road 10-11 months out o...
There have always been false alarms. But then again right up to the day we entered into every war people said it can't / won't happen, and the majority of the nation ignored the signs that led to the depression. It's gonna happen it's just a matter of when.

#86633 - 02/25/07 06:14 AM Re: It is now my Considered Judgement,- [Re: ScottRezaLogan]
Misanthrope Offline

Loc: Chicago burbs
I'd somewhat agree with Chris, with exceptions of Charles Mingus and a fine single malt.

M

#86653 - 02/25/07 03:39 PM Re: It is now my Considered Judgement,- [Re: Chris Kavanaugh]
raydarkhorse Offline
Addict

Loc: on the road 10-11 months out o...
I'm more into a good beer and celtic music myself.

#86714 - 02/26/07 01:17 AM Re: It is now my Considered Judgement,- [Re: raydarkhorse]
benjammin Offline
Rapscallion
Carpal Tunnel

Yup,

Tis a tough thing, though, to look in the face of my children knowing what they are likely to face. I could be more complacent, but for knowing what I know what will happen to them and theirs some day.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 474 Guests and 15 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Zippo Butane Inserts
by NAro
Today at 11:57 AM
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
03/27/24 11:21 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.