Has anyone had any experience with the Sundazer solar-powered refrigerator or freezer? Or any solar-powered refrigerators or freezers, for that matter? The Sundazer comes in 5.8 or 6.1 cu. ft. models and runs on DC power. The complete set includes the refrigerator or freezer, sealed battery, solar panel, and wiring and such. This model uses a compressor and R-134a refrigerant. It's not the typical thermoelectric warming/cooling boxes you see for your car.

I saw the Sundazer at www.cetsolar.com.

I'm not sure I've ever seen a set up like this before, so it's interesting. Then again, the fact that I've never run across it before may mean that it doesn't work so well in real life. I would consider it much too expensive to buy just for emergency use, but I'm just wondering if this is even a viable set up to use. Thermoelectric units seem attractive due to their ability to warm/cool and their solid state durability, but I believe that using thermoelectric is quite inefficient. The website says that 90 to 120 watts of rated panel power is sufficient for the Sundazer but I have no idea if that's considered a little or a lot of power from a little photovoltaic array.