The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#84019 - 01/30/07 03:41 AM Re: Fishing for food
OldBaldGuy Offline
Geezer

Loc: Former AFB in CA, recouping fr...
As has been said before, I wouldn't put much hope in looting, or whatever you want to call it. You will not be the only one with that idea...

#84020 - 01/30/07 03:43 AM Re: Fishing for food
big_al Offline
Addict

Loc: 20mi east of San Diego
Thanks Ron:

I have not seen that product on the west coast, or maybe I just wasn't looking for it, but I will now, and with the info you gave me I can order some.

#84021 - 01/30/07 03:46 AM Re: Fishing for food
OldBaldGuy Offline
Geezer

Loc: Former AFB in CA, recouping fr...
Not a bad idea. Might be larger to pack around, but will do double duty come nap time...

#84022 - 02/13/07 01:10 AM Re: "Crazy Salt"
ScottRezaLogan Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Pttsbg SWestern Pa USA N-Amer....
Also the Seasoning Packets from Ramen Noodles and the like. Save them up! I do so for ordinary household purposes, -to say nothing of Survival, Outings, and etc.

There's a several year old Thread here, in one of our Forums. If I remember the title right, -its "Salt Packets in the PSK". It contains my very first post, -or very nearly so. Of which this then Newbie remains Monumentally Embarrassed! As regards Writing Style and such. So much so that I later actually re-wrote it, and posted it in that thread as well. (being unclear on self-deleteing procedures). I'm of course Embarrassed to have to give basic mention of it even now! And Forget my also very early "Saluteing our New Space Resolve"! (in Around the Campfire).

Real and Relevant Point here though, is-the Thread's Content of some Good or Helpful Info on such "Vital Seasoning and Flavoring Needs"! Just Klick on my Username somewhere, -and go to "Show all User's Posts". (I'm also Embarrassed to say!, -especially regarding my earliest ones!). You will soon find the said Salt Packets thread so.

But Save these Puppies up as well! They are Oh so readily Available!

Cheese Powder packets from Mac & Cheese boxes too! And those Gravy Powder packets. (Regarding these latter, -at a secondhand food store or section, -you can get a good amount of these rather Cheap!).

*Don't* be Stuck with something Boringly Blase and Bland!, -when out in the Woods! If you can Help it! And you very Easily can! [color:"black"] [/color] [email]ScottRezaLogan[/email] [color:"black"] [/color] [email]ScottRezaLogan[/email]

Edited by ScottRezaLogan (02/13/07 01:23 AM)

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 301 Guests and 42 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Using a Compass Without a Map
by KenK
02/28/24 12:22 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.