Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#8384 - 08/18/02 11:11 AM beltkit/webbing
Anonymous
Unregistered

I spend 3 years in the ACF (a military youthclub in GB) where we all had our personal beltkit. Now that I am leaving what should I do with it? It is my own and spend a lot of time on it(making it waterproof, more comfortable, etc). Is it worth keeping? What can I do with it? Because people always look at you with the "weirdo" look when ever I walk towards the local woods. should I give it up and put every thing in my rucksack in future or keep it and carry on improving it?<br>Do you use a beltkit? Should I just keep one pouch on my belt for a water bottle?<br>reinhardt

#8385 - 08/18/02 12:53 PM Re: beltkit/webbing
Anonymous
Unregistered

I was in the ATC (Air training corps) in GB, and also have beltkit from there, I find it very useful, and do carry it, I carry a larger survival kit in one of the utility pouches, and a water bottle in another. I don't generally carry it on the yoke, but clip a couple of the pouches onto my belt

#8386 - 08/18/02 01:44 PM Re: beltkit/webbing
Tjin Offline
Pooh-Bah

keep it ! <br>if you carry the full kit ( pounches, suspenders and belt ) it will turn some heads, but usually its more usefull in a civial situation to use the pounches induvidualie, withs usually doesnt produce that weirdo look. <br><br>P.S. if you really want to get rid of it sent it to me !!!! ( he, im a low budget guy... ) i will pay 4 the stamps...

#8387 - 08/18/02 04:33 PM Re: beltkit/webbing
Chris Kavanaugh Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Keep it by all means! This is a part of you! Do people abandon their possessions because of your "wierd looks"? Even better, explain what it is, where you assembled it and ask why they don't have one. I often get looks or comments about my western riding attire," Hey Tex! where's your horse? My horse? Do you like horses? Hey I sell horses. Would you like to come see them?" 10 minutes later the little girl is demanding a pony, the father is slowly taking backward steps to the car and the wife is thinking " next time you see somebody different just shut up!" keep your kit Rienhardt!

#8388 - 08/18/02 06:01 PM Re: beltkit/webbing
Anonymous
Unregistered

thanks guys,<br>now the next question. do you carry it with you most of the time when outdoors or only when you really planned for a trip? How do you combine it with your hipbelt as I got a great rucksack with an even greater hipbelt but I cant wear it together.<br>reinhardt<br>PS Chris have you read the book "A Hack Goes West"? Slim change but just wondering.

#8389 - 08/19/02 12:34 AM Re: beltkit/webbing
bones Offline
journeyman

Loc: Western / Central Australia
Keep your webbing yoke draped across or threaded through the top of your pack and the waistbelt wrapped around the body of your pack. The hip belt of the rucksack will transfer the weight to your hips/legs and is much more comfortable than the standard military doctrine of pack over webbing which can force your webbing down into your lower back. You will note military packs have waist belts not hip belts, and so are carried too high to allow the hips to take the weight, which fatigues your shoulders and back quickly. With the webbing wrapped around your pack you can still access all the pouches and get your webbing on relatively fast for "day pack" use. The only trouble is it may catch on vegetation if you are crashing through scrub.

#8390 - 09/28/02 10:57 AM Re: beltkit/webbing contents
mick Offline
dedicated member

Loc: England west yorkshire
What do you carry in your belt kit?

#8391 - 09/28/02 03:37 PM Re: beltkit/webbing
Anonymous
Unregistered

My pack incorporates my belt kit by hooking the belt in three places with the suspender harness that came with the pack. If my pack had a waste belt, I carry my belt kit in the ruck, intact, so that if I had to for any reason ditch the ruck, I'd have my belt kit ready to go with me.

#8392 - 09/28/02 03:56 PM Re: beltkit/webbing contents
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'd be interested in reading about how you designed and stuffed your kit as well Reinhardt.<br><br>

#8393 - 10/01/02 02:50 AM Re: beltkit/webbing
Anonymous
Unregistered

I hate that weirdo look. I bought all of this gear for civil air patrol when I was an airman. and now I am a leutenate and realise that when your not in uniform wearing GI gear people worriy. What does the cadet corps do where you live?<br><br>Ballonman

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 400 Guests and 31 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Corny Jokes
by Jeanette_Isabelle
Yesterday at 11:47 PM
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Jeanette_Isabelle
Yesterday at 07:49 PM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
04/17/24 11:35 PM
Silver
by brandtb
04/16/24 10:32 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/16/24 03:13 PM
New York Earthquake
by chaosmagnet
04/09/24 12:27 PM
Bad review of a great backpack..
by Herman30
04/08/24 08:16 AM
Our adorable little earthquake
by Phaedrus
04/06/24 02:42 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.