Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Topic Options
#83 - 02/01/01 08:50 PM Escape
Anonymous
Unregistered

My brother and I are putting together a plan for disasters. Part of the plan is to purchase some property that is easily defendable and offres some access to food water etc. Right now we live in the N.W. within 75 miles of a nuclear sub base, an air force base, an army base, and 2 dormant volcanos and one of the largest contractors of military airplanes. Not to mention the ocean. So if the spit hits the fan my only option is to head to the East side of the mountains. Providing they havent already erupted. My question is what can be done to prepare for a nuclear attack? Besides really good sunblock. <br><br>

#84 - 02/02/01 04:00 AM Re: Escape
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sorry Louie, you will be inside what is known as a primary target. You can expect to be showered with multiple large devices. The sub base alone will require multiple hits from large weapons to defeat it's hardened structures. if you want to survive the conditions you propose you need to dig deep! and plan to stay down a long time (years). The countryside will be hot for many years. if this is not bad enough the volcanoes may go active so don’t dig near fault lines (like you can help it in the N.W.) <br><br>

#85 - 02/02/01 07:35 AM Re: Escape *DELETED* *DELETED*
Anonymous
Unregistered

Post deleted by Chris Kavanaugh

#86 - 02/02/01 03:31 PM Re: Escape
Stefan Offline

Loc: Sweden, South
I Agree!<br>No offence to you guys who´s living smack in the middle of it, but lets face it, isnt it better to stock/ train up for that winter storm or that dormant volcano, not for something as unlikely as a nuclear war. In any case, a volcanic eruption might not be very far from the effects of a nuclear explosion, so you might have a point with your imput.<br>A possibility that has appealed to me is the possibillity of a self powered, environmentally friendly cabin in the wilderness (or even green-energy to your own home) and when energy shortage is a possibility (Dont you guys have some of that problem in the US right now?). This isnt far from the last resort-thesis, I know, but more useful in my opinion.<br>Take care!<br><br>

#87 - 02/02/01 11:30 PM Re: Escape
Greg Offline
newbie member

Loc: Washington State, U.S.A.
If you are where I think you are, we're "neighbors". The prevailing winds for nuke strikes<br>as well as eruptions from volcanoes (actually, we'll probably have huge mudflows, instead)<br>will be from west to east. I'm planning on going north or west. A man I respect picked <br>a semi-rural location just outside of Port Angeles. He's outside the danger areas for practically<br>everything there. Even the recently predicted e-quake generated Tsunami will go south <br>and east.<br>Earthquakes from a certain mountain tend to occur on the west side, suggesting that <br>a blowout like Mt. St.Helens would be on that side. Centralia? No. Hoquiam? Much better.<br>Bellingham (or Burnaby) even better.<br><br>

#88 - 02/21/01 03:33 PM Re: Escape
Anonymous
Unregistered

There is one part of this you have not mentioned. You sit on a series of faults. Major earthquakes could cause massive tsunamis which could go inland for miles. So if the nukes don't get you, the volcanoes and quakes might. Does Idaho or Minnesota sound good? :-)<br><br>

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 324 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Using a Compass Without a Map
by KenK
02/28/24 12:22 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.