Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Topic Options
#813 - 06/18/01 02:44 AM where to find electrolyte tabs?
Anonymous
Unregistered

heay there. looking around for some electrolyte tablets for the kit, but can't find any. i've tried grocery stores, drug stores, even tried the local GNC, but the guy there tried to hook me up with some 'mega mineral supplement' crap. tried the local surplus store, nadda. a couple camping stores, one had these really bulky drink mix packets, but no pills. any ideas? thanks.<br><br>

#814 - 06/18/01 03:43 AM Re: where to find electrolyte tabs?
Doug_Ritter Offline

Pooh-Bah

Try searching for Medi-Lyte, which is what I have in a couple of the commercial first aid kits I have laying around. Lists ingredients as:<br><br>Potassium chloride, 40mg., calcium phosphate, 18mg., magnesium carbonate, 9mg.<br><br>You'll fidn this sort of thing at industrial and safety supply sites/houses like Conney, Lab Safety, etc.<br><br><br>Doug Ritter<br>Editor<br>Equipped To Survive
Chairman & Executive Director
Equipped To Survive Foundation
www.KnifeRights.org
www.DougRitter.com

#815 - 06/18/01 07:32 AM Re: where to find electrolyte tabs?
Chris Kavanaugh Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Electrolytes are nice to have, but please consider this caveat .Most of us habitually walk around in various states of dehydration,or else think we are hydrating with soft drinks or coffee. Then in typical consumer logic we overdue the cure:If two flea bombs are recommended then a dozen will really do the trick,and goodbye house! Overuse of electrolytes can actually inhibit the normal intake of other vital trace minerals and nutrients.I learned this from a nutritionist who works with distance runners.<br><br>

#816 - 06/19/01 05:20 AM Re: where to find electrolyte tabs?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I've tried to get the ones Doug mentions but found most suppliers only deal with companies, specifically health and safety depts. As he mentions, most decent commercial first aid its include some, but I haven't found a supplier who sells the tablets separately to the public<br><br>As an alternative you could try the capsules that ultra runners use - the two most popular being SUCCEED and E-Caps. <br><br>These masochists whom run 50 - 100 mile races swear by these which come in gel, drink or capsule (my favourite, as you can add to water).<br><br>These are electrolyte replacement capsules that have sodium and potassium and are readily available from several online stores for ultra runners<br><br>

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
2 registered (NAro, Ren), 444 Guests and 27 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
03/27/24 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
03/27/24 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.