Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Topic Options
#78765 - 12/04/06 05:32 AM Las Vegas Survival Groups
Anonymous
Unregistered

I started thinking a few years ago about the need to make preparations for survival . After Katrina, I started acquiring supplies should the need arise to "Shelter in Place". But, I also realize that there may be a need to bug out, and/or live for an indefinite period of time, or even permanently, without the advantages of government (never thought I would say those words!) or an organized economy. Aside from the few survival experts, no one will be able to survive entirely on their own. I read an interesting article, recommending small survival groups, where people provided skills for the group. I thought that this would be an excellent idea. So, I am looking for survival groups in the Las Vegas area. My wife and I both have skills to offer such a group. I am a Physician Assistant, with 18 years experience in Family Practice and Urgent Care. Plus, prior to this, I was a Paramedic for 22 years (I'm 54- joined a volunteer rescue squad in the Richmond VA area when I was 16, and remained active until I moved to Las Vegas in 1991). My wife is retired, but was an electrical engineer. With the proper equipment, she can repair things such as communications equipment, etc. She used to be a high level design engineer for Cisco Systems, where she holds 4 patents. Her background was analog power systems, meaning she designed the power supplies for routers, mainframes, etc. Those are skills which would come in handy should a small community try to set up a power generating system. I also own several handguns, along with a shotgun and AR15 rifle, things that I have on hand to protect the family, but also would lend themselves to the same purpose for a group. I also have a small supply of ammo for the guns. I do practice shooting as often as possible, as a hobby. So, should any group in the area need members, we would be interested in getting to know you, just drop me an email.. We live in the NW Las Vegas area.

#78766 - 12/04/06 02:51 PM Re: Las Vegas Survival Groups
norad45 Offline
Veteran

Unfortunately I don't live anywhere near you, but I think that is an excellent idea. I hope you get some takers.

#78767 - 12/04/06 04:23 PM Re: Las Vegas Survival Groups
OldBaldGuy Offline
Geezer

Loc: Former AFB in CA, recouping fr...
I don't live nearby either, altho I do come on occasion to help support your economy with my losses. Good luck with your plans, and welcome...

#78768 - 12/04/06 05:37 PM Re: Las Vegas Survival Groups
bassnbear Offline

Loc: Southeast US
Great idea! I don't live in your area either but if you ever move to Central FL drop me a line - your skills should be welcome in any group.

#78769 - 12/04/06 06:41 PM Re: Las Vegas Survival Groups
Blast Offline
INTERCEPTOR
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: TX
Wow, excellent abilities! Welcome to the group. If you ever want to move to the Houston area let me know, I know some people that'd welcome you with open arms.

-Blast
Radio Call Sign: KI5BOG
*As an Amazon Influencer, I may earn a sales commission on Amazon links in my posts.

#78770 - 12/04/06 09:42 PM CFL
JohnnyRocket Offline
Stranger

Hey Bass,

I am in Apopka - are you close by?

Tom

#78771 - 12/05/06 04:12 AM CERT/NET
jmarkantes Offline

Loc: Portland, OR, USA
You might want to look into becoming a Citizen Emergency Response Team member (or Neighborhood Emergency Team member in some parts).
http://www.citizencorps.gov/cert/

Also, more for fun, there's the ETS Map:
http://www.kinetickill.com/etsmap
Show's other members from this forum around the world. Might find someone near by.

J

#78772 - 12/05/06 07:14 AM Re: CERT/NET
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks, but after 22 years of riding an ambulance for free, I'm no longer in the volunteer business. To top it off, the years of lifting stretchers in and out of ambulance, and carrying people down flights of stairs (remember that those stretchers weigh 50 lbs empty), I developed severe lumbosacral arthritis and spinal stenosis. Quite a reward for donating my time, huh> Of course, I would do it all again. I enjoyed it, and I liked giving to the community. But it's something I just can't do anymore.

#78773 - 12/05/06 09:55 PM Re: CFL
bassnbear Offline

Yes, Ocala.

#78775 - 12/06/06 04:53 PM Re: CFL
bassnbear Offline

I'm right outside Ocala IN the Forest. Mybe we can all get togethter some day.

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 344 Guests and 90 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Jeanette_Isabelle
Today at 01:15 PM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
Yesterday at 11:35 PM
Silver
by brandtb
04/16/24 10:32 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/16/24 03:13 PM
New York Earthquake
by chaosmagnet
04/09/24 12:27 PM
Bad review of a great backpack..
by Herman30
04/08/24 08:16 AM
Our adorable little earthquake
by Phaedrus
04/06/24 02:42 AM
Amanda Nenigar found dead
by Phaedrus
04/05/24 04:39 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.