The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#78382 - 12/22/06 09:48 PM Re: social fragments
ScottRezaLogan Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Pttsbg SWestern Pa USA N-Amer....
*Portions* of our Govts. have their Hearts and Minds more or less in the Right Place, -and our Best Interests at Heart.

But even these often enuff somehow "Fall Down on the Actual Job"! [color:"black"] [/color] [email]benjammin[/email]

#78383 - 12/29/06 01:55 PM Re: Social fragmenting
Farmer Offline

Loc: Mid-Atlantic
I agree, as long as the Patriot Act actually does go away at some point. All it would take is the right (or actually wrong) types to be in Government to extend and expand that act and its provisions.

Keep in mind, also, that it's not just the Patriot Act I'm talking about. I'm also looking at the general trend towards Prohibition of any behavior that doesn't suit the current popular trend. Witness the law in Ohio that prevents someone from smoking in their own vehicle if it's company-owned. Witness the (now defunct) law in the same state that requires a concealed weapons licensee to have their weapon IN FULL VIEW ON THE SEAT of their vehicle.

There is a movement towards implanting a ID chip in children to facilitate finding them should they become lost or abducted. What else could be done with this chip? Who has access to spending information gleaned from your credit and debit cards? And to travel and movement information generated by the EZPass in your car?

George Orwell isn't spinning - he's now just shaking his head.

#78384 - 01/10/07 01:43 AM Re: Social fragmenting
ScottRezaLogan Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Pttsbg SWestern Pa USA N-Amer....
I do Note both where you Agree, and Disagree, with me.

I really think we've got a lot more to be Worrying about, -from the likes of whom the Patriot Act aims to Protect us from, -than from an "Over-Living" or Abuse of the Act itself!

By extension, I also mean this to refer to all such new Post Sept 11th measures, -beyond only the Act itself.

The Act and other various Measures of course *should* Duly Expire, at some Future True and Due Point. But *Not* the Premature Expirations or Watering Downs!, -that some are or have been Pushing for!

Chips and Implantations, etc, -Concern me as well ! There are many Pros and Cons to such, -a Pro being the very Good one for Lost Children, -as you mention. But to my Feeling and View at least, -there are a lot more Cons here! I've read parts of the book "Spychips", -and their Use and Abuse, -Makes me Nervous! *Here*, -I lean more towards the "Anti" side, -over the "Pro" one, -even in these new Post Sept 11th of Times.

However, -Where we should really employ such against our Foes there, -then So Be It.

These "Foes" in my mind does *Not* mean for Domestic Uses here at Home, -save regarding Foreigners here as a "Party" in any such Assemblage.

In a Larger Sense, -We should Really give the Full Green Lite and Go!, -to our Sci-Tech types! In Keeping and Greatly Furthering our Sci Tech Edge and Lead!, over such Foes! Along with all other Fronts that we Deal with them on. Just Gotta Always Keep our Sci Tech Lead! Even in Peaceable Normal Times. Let Alone Times like these!

Let me for my Part Close now, -before I may become Materially Guilty of being too Political here!, -in this Non-Political Forum! [color:"black"] [/color] [email]ScottRezaLogan[/email]

#78385 - 01/10/07 02:42 AM Re: Social fragmenting
sodak Offline
Addict

Benjammin,

I like the way you think. Thank you.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 516 Guests and 67 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav
5368 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Corny Jokes
by wildman800
Yesterday at 10:40 AM
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/19/24 07:49 PM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
04/17/24 11:35 PM
Silver
by brandtb
04/16/24 10:32 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/16/24 03:13 PM
New York Earthquake
by chaosmagnet
04/09/24 12:27 PM
Bad review of a great backpack..
by Herman30
04/08/24 08:16 AM
Our adorable little earthquake
by Phaedrus
04/06/24 02:42 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.