Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Topic Options
#76571 - 11/11/06 09:29 PM "Polsign" Shelter Idea?
ScottRezaLogan Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Pttsbg SWestern Pa USA N-Amer....
As a Segway (OK, -I know its "Segue"!) from all the recent Political Goings On, -Its occurred to me that there can potentially be some good, basic, Shelter Possibilities, which can derive from such!

I'm thinking particularly and specifically of the plastic pullover kind, -which drape over the metal "upside down U" type post, -which so anchors it into the ground.

These are of course so Readily Prevalent, -at and just after, any Election time of the year! Like Right Now!, of course!

Concerning their Shelter applicability, -one can lay a number of them along the ground in a line, -one to several feet apart (per your own preference / or availability of such signs). And stretch or otherwise fashion various plastic Signage itself, over and around this Framework. For a Nice, Simple, and Cheaply Available, -one person Shelter!

Larger, more elaborate, Shelters of course could also be conceivably so built. But I've got primarily a "One Personer" in mind.

I've been meaning to grab up some!, -over the last few days. (Not that I anymore really need to build a Shelter!) (But I've got "Future Storeup" possibilities in mind). But already they're getting increasingly harder to find! (At least some Politicos *are* Mindful and Considerate enuff, -to go round and "Clean Up their Signage", -*After* an Election!). So thats much of the Key there!, -Get em *while" they're still around! This often can mean the immeadiate day after the Election, -and certainly preferably within a few days of such! In any case, -a good many will be left lying around! Months and more down the line.

Go out and "Get them Up"! Store them away to use someday, -for possible Shelter Applications and Uses! [color:"black"] [/color] [email]ScottRezaLogan[/email]

#76572 - 11/12/06 04:08 AM Re: "Polsign" Shelter Idea?
Susan Offline
Geezer

Loc: W. WA
I don't know about where you live, but here in WA there's a pretty stiff fine for stealing those signs. It seems that the folks running for election were faster in putting them up than taking them down, so people started swiping them for various purposes ('Yard Sale Today' was popular). They are said to cost about $15 each, so they didn't want to lose them.

I've never seen any shelters made from them, but who knows?

Sue

#76573 - 11/14/06 09:09 PM Re: "Polsign" Shelter Idea?
ScottRezaLogan Offline
Old Hand

Yes, I've heard something about ordinances and probably fines regarding this, too. An incentive, certainly, -to their rate of "coming down", by a Campaign after an Election. (I'm referring to a Campaign not taking their signs down after an Election, -not fines for people making off with them, -as you're speaking of). [color:"black"] [/color] [email]Susan[/email]

#76574 - 11/15/06 04:41 AM Re: "Polsign" Shelter Idea?
Susan Offline
Geezer

Loc: W. WA
I thought it was kind of two-faced of the politicians: first, they left the signs up for months after the elections were over; then, when people started taking them for their own uses, the politicians complained of theft.

If the dimwits running for office had collected their signs right after the election, they wouldn't have had to pass laws against other people taking them.

Sue

#76575 - 11/15/06 07:43 AM Re: "Polsign" Shelter Idea?
aloha Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Hawaii, USA
Sue, I like you and the way you think.

#76576 - 11/21/06 10:57 PM Re: "Polsign" Shelter Idea?
ScottRezaLogan Offline
Old Hand

Quite Right! [color:"black"] [/color] [email]Susan[/email]

#76577 - 11/22/06 03:31 AM Re: "Polsign" Shelter Idea?
stormadvisor Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Ohio
I Agree Susan!

They are pretty good about taking them down here. Not to many are left up for months at a time.

Can't change the weather. Might as well enjoy it.

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 456 Guests and 71 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
03/27/24 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
03/27/24 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.