Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Topic Options
#753 - 05/28/01 12:37 PM Re: Swiss Army Special Kits
Anonymous
Unregistered

Back in February a question related to the Swiss Army ($135) knife was asked, Was it worth it? I bought one long before I found this site and have been carrying for months. I added to it, fishing kit, snare wire, magnesium block, and a Photon Lite. I love it like any pocket knife found it useful. My eye site is failing and the magnifying glass was used many times along with other parts. I question if I would be allowed on an airplane with it on my person. Maybe in a carry-on. Also when I dress up in a suit, I don't carry it because it pushes my suit coat out. When I needed a component I reached for it and it wasn't there. When I am going for a hike, or in the back woods, it comes in handy. It is worth it to me. <br><br>The added advantage of a box type is that it can be carried all the time and Dougs kits are well researched.<br><br>When thinking of what to carry all the time, I feel naked going out if I don't have my watch, wallet, belt, and key chain. Each can be revised for survival use. Think about them and what can be put in them. What type of watch? What about the belt?On key chain, photon light, small swiss army knife and a magnesium striker. What can be put in a wallet that would be flat and not break? One can have a 'Batman' belt if one gives it thought!<br><br>The real key is using the stuff you carry all the time everywhere to the best advantage possible.<br><br><br>

#754 - 06/01/01 07:42 PM Re: Swiss Army Special Kits
Craig Offline

Loc: Collegeville, PA, USA
I like the Swiss Army Special Kits, but never bought one. Instead, I printed out each individual kit's contents, and I'm in the process of building my own customized kit. It's more fun that way and probably cheaper as well.<br><br>Craig<br><br>

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 446 Guests and 20 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Zippo Butane Inserts
by NAro
Today at 11:57 AM
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
03/27/24 11:21 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.