Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#7490 - 08/11/02 04:53 PM Re: Tactical Pens and Watches
Anonymous
Unregistered

knives, emerson comander(smooth is an understatment)leatherman supertool,and crkt peck(cliped to my watch band)<br><br>watch, seiko divemaster automatic, mill issue timex<br><br>lights, 2 photon two(one red, one white) surefire e1<br><br>pen, edc cross set, od plain old carpenters pencil

#7491 - 08/11/02 07:27 PM Re: Tactical Pens and Watches
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thor,<br>have you got the survival pouch for the SAK champ? Quite good, very srong and contains things like, compass, sharpening stone, bit of rope, plasters, safety pins etc.<br>But because of the thick leather it is large and cubersome.<br>reinhardt

#7492 - 08/13/02 04:09 AM Re: Tactical Pens and Watches
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ive never given it much thought before, but this particular thread has caused me to pay attention to pens at office supply stores and the like. After comparing, observing and studying the pen situation I have finally decided on a route. <br>I come home and found a slightly used bic disposable and shortened it to about 3 inches. After five days of carrying it I have decided that it is actually quite handy. The price is right for about 5 minutes of effort.<br> See what you have done. Now I have something else I have to carry around all day.

#7493 - 08/13/02 09:42 AM Re: Tactical Pens and Watches
Anonymous
Unregistered

I've posted this before, but it's been awhile. This pen has been part of my EDC for some years, now:<br><br>http://store.yahoo.com/herrington-catalog/e125.html<br><br>It's rather expensive, and it's not perfect (retracting is a little primitive), but it takes up zero space (living in your wallet fold), and more importantly (to me) it requires zero attention. I very seldom actually use it, but the real benefit is that I just never have to worry about whether to carry a pen or not, and I'm never at a loss for how to carry one if I don't happen to have a shirt pocket.<br><br>The new Fisher Stowaway "space pen" model is just barely small enough to carry this way, a lot cheaper, and is probably a lot more robust, but the clip does not allow for this carry- the top would stick out. Too bad. I have one in a larger kit... it gets you a "space pen" for less bulk than a "golf" pencil.<br><br>I also use a Pentopia stylus with my palm that has a built-in ballpoint pen. I only recall actually using the pen once, but it's a nice fallback.<br><br>Around the office I use Fisher "Military" pens. It's a "space pen" that click-retracts with one hand, has a pocket clip, and it's uniform flat-black "steath" finish works anywhere. Nothing else I've tried has come close to it's reliability and versatility at any price- and it's cheap.<br><br>http://www.rei.com/online/store/ProductDisplay?storeId=8000&catalogId=40000008000&productId=13006933&parent_category_rn=11470744

#7494 - 08/13/02 05:12 PM Re: Tactical Pens and Watches
Anonymous
Unregistered

My cell phone keeps time for me. I've always hated wearing a watch. My EDC pen is the Fisher Bullet. IMO you just can't get any better. It sits in the bottom of a pocket nicely and best of all, writes on nearly anything.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 318 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
03/27/24 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
03/27/24 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Using a Compass Without a Map
by KenK
02/28/24 12:22 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.