Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Topic Options
#7387 - 07/12/02 10:48 PM LEDs I never noticed before...
zpo2 Offline
Stranger

<<disengage lurk mode>> http://www.bokerusa.com/default2.asp<br><br>They have some led lights and I was wondering if anyone has used one or knows anything useful about them. Thanks in advance.<<re-engage lurk mode>>

#7388 - 07/13/02 02:21 AM Re: LEDs I never noticed before...
Comanche7 Offline
Addict

Loc: Florida
Hi zpo2,<br><br>You may wish to look at http://www.candlepowerforums.com <br><br>I believe that this site may have been referenced in a prior thread on the ETS site. I've had many enjoyable visits lurking on the candlepower site (as well as E.T.S.) You will find an amazing amount of information on both sites. <br><br>Check the "Around the Campfire" forum of E.T.S. Typically this forum hits a bigger diversity of subjects than "The Survival Forum" which more specifically addresses survival itself.<br><br>Regarding L.E.D.'s, they have a better lamp life, longer running time on a set of batteries. Doug Ritter has some nice studies and information regarding this type of lamp. Go to the E.T.S. home page and wander around, I think you may enjoy it.<br><br>In terms of the lamps you referenced, I checked out the link you provided, they look pretty nice, however battery life was not immediately obvious, neither was there much info. regarding water resistance/proofing, type of circuitry (does the particular flashlight utilize a DC to DC voltage regulator to allow a fairly constant lamp output over the life of the battery or does it use the resistor type of circuit which provides a lamp output over the battery life more closely resembling an incandescent lamp? A DC to DC convertor is generally viewed as more efficient and preferred in many cases over the resistor method. Ease of battery replacement, type of batteries used (rechargable / lithium ion etc. / tools required to do change the batteries) and other ?'s which you may have after cruising the candlepowerforum site.<br><br>I have no vested interest or financial connection with any of the sites mentioned, and am just offering a couple of observations.<br><br>Hope this helps,<br>Comanche7

Edited by Comanche7 (07/13/02 02:46 AM)

#7389 - 07/13/02 03:34 PM Re: LEDs I never noticed before...
Anonymous
Unregistered

I love flashlights!<br> <br>LED's I have:<br><br>Lightwave 3000 - A good light to have for extended use. Gets 20 some odd days, yes days per fill up which consits of 3 C-cells.<br><br>Inova 5 - Cosiderably smaller-poket carry size. 15-20 hours, but uses 2 - 123lithium cells (expensive) Comparible light output to the lightwave. IMO<br><br>Photon 2 - Allways on my key chain. Good light for emergecies - small. I allways have this light on me and my Surefire E1E (not a led).

#7390 - 07/20/02 02:39 AM Re: LEDs I never noticed before...
Anonymous
Unregistered

White Photon 2 in my tin. Blue ASP on a lanyard on my wrist in the city at night. It completely destroys the night vision of the person on the recieving end.

#7391 - 07/20/02 03:26 AM Re: LEDs I never noticed before...
Anonymous
Unregistered

The blue auto headlights do that to me all the time so I suppose that carrying a blue LED would work great to do the same thing. Very piercing light.<br><br>I carry a red photon with me into and out of the woods for occassional light when needed. No effect on my night vision at all and it throws just enough light to see obstacles.<br><br>Do you have a URL where I can check out the Blue ASP?

#7392 - 07/20/02 03:39 AM Re: LEDs I never noticed before...
Anonymous
Unregistered

No sorry, no url. I am interested in a red ASP for flying though. At least I wouldnt have to worry about bulbs and batteries any more. It could fit on a braided leather necklace too. <br>(I got bored with a 72 inch leather shoelace one day)<br>Try a google search for "ASP Saphire" and see what you get.

#7393 - 07/20/02 03:50 AM Re: LEDs I never noticed before...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Here one that I found on this site. <br><br>http://www.equipped.org/shot_show_2001.htm

#7394 - 07/21/02 01:15 PM Re: LEDs I never noticed before...
Anonymous
Unregistered

yesterday I bought a princeton tec impact.<br>it was marked down in the shop (from £30 to £7.50!!! I think the people in that shop are mad) it use's just one LED and is powered be four AA's, it says on the packet "projects a beam 50 + yards". I can't say if that's exacly true or not but it was a good beam. Aprently it use's some sort of opticley enhanceing lense. 150 + hours of burn time. <br>it came with a nice lanyard as well. And life time warenty, I think I got a good deal!<br>-james <br>

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 324 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Using a Compass Without a Map
by KenK
02/28/24 12:22 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.