Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#71937 - 08/25/06 03:20 AM Re: Where did the new Michael Moore film go then?
Simon Offline

Loc: Tennessee
Gee, that reminds me. I never watched Farenheit 911 by Michael Moore, frankly I never liked the guy regardless of his political agenda. But after bashing the NRA on Columbine and then Bush on the GWOT, his next project was stated that he was going to make a documentary film to expose how corrupt and blankety-blank the pharmaceutical industry was and how it was duping America. What happened? Was he bought off or something? Its been years and I've not heard anything. Nada.

#71938 - 08/25/06 03:40 AM Re: Where did the new Michael Moore film go then?
ironraven Offline
Cranky Geek
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Vermont
I suspect he would have been blacklisted by the pharmacorps. The boy's going to need heart meds more than I will. :P

When a man dare not speak without malice for fear of giving insult, that is when truth starts to die. Truth is the truest freedom.

#71939 - 08/25/06 04:00 AM Re: Where did the new Michael Moore film go then?
massacre Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Central Illinois
I believe that's coming out soon. I just saw something on digg about it.

#71940 - 08/25/06 08:40 AM Re: medical bils drive families to bankrupcy?
311 Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: NY USA
Some of us go broke just with regular maintenance costs. I need seven prescription drugs every day. In addition, a gadget that costs $1500 new. I pay half, 750, plus a $78 accessory every six months. I left out the syringes, test strips, alcohol wipes, & lancets. This doesn't include copays for the routine doctor visits. I complain, but without DW's health coverage, I'd probably be dead.

#71941 - 08/25/06 11:54 AM Re: medical bils drive families to bankrupcy?
KG2V Offline

Veteran

Loc: Queens, New York City
RE Medicaide as universal health care for the elderly

Yeah, it IS universal health care for the elderly, but there is a HUGE "BUT"

You have to have NO real assets

Assuming you have a spouce living in the community (aka also not in some form of long term care), YOU are allowed $50 in assets, your IRAs (but any withdrawls from the IRA go directly to the Gov't to pay out your bills), and you are allowed to keep your home - but they will put a lean on it. Your spouce is allowed to keep $4000, and is allowed an income of something like $16K/year

IF your spouce enters long term care and is not expected to return home, then they are also allowed $50 only, IRAs stay the same, but they take the house and all other assets

Have one parent with Alzhimers and another with terminal cancer, and you too will get to talk with lawyers all about this..

The BIG trick is to transfer the house to a trust and or actually give it to a child BEFORE you need the long term care - right now, the lookback is 5 years

OH - and those numbers? They have to be in place by the first of the month of the month you first need Medicaid - Medicare will cover the first 100 days of your treatment

Do yourself a favor - in early middle age, sign up for "Long term care" insurance - cheap then - and takes care of most of this. A nursing home will run you at least $200/day, and often $400/day
Blog: http://kg2v.blogspot.com

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 324 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Using a Compass Without a Map
by KenK
02/28/24 12:22 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.