Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#7149 - 06/26/02 04:45 AM BANDIT LEADER!
Chris Kavanaugh Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Whats going on with the elephants? I just read about a group in Temerloh that killed one man and disappeared into the jungle in an environmental journal. Now online I read of an elephant in india who Killed several people over a three day rampage.

#7150 - 06/26/02 11:07 AM Re: BANDIT LEADER!
peanut Offline
Journeyman

The elephant dissappeared into the jungle in an environmental journal? <br><br>1) must be a small elephant or a large journal.<br><br>2) wearing an environmental journal is hardly effective camouflage in a jungle. A "rain forest" perhaps. Add Birkenstocks to the journal for effective camo in coffee houses and dorm rooms.<br><br>Grins, <br><br>Peanut

#7151 - 06/26/02 02:46 PM Re: BANDIT LEADER!
Chris Kavanaugh Offline
Carpal Tunnel

O.K. I haven't had my morning coffee, so take that into consideration. The few literary collections of manuscripts I have observed are battlefields of revisions. The final draft then goes to a proofreader for major grammatical or spelling errors. Then it goes back for final approval. If the author disagrees, he/she claims "stream of consciousness" or some other artistic license. Now I'm sitting here, a new kitten tearing strips of flesh and clothing from my arm, Scientologists pounding at the door, the alarm going off a full 25 minutes after I was up and I get this comment :O( May an elephant drop dead on your PSK. You have a dull SAK to recover same.

#7152 - 06/27/02 04:06 AM Re: BANDIT LEADER!
peanut Offline
Journeyman

Sorry Chris, I'm just in a very strange mood lately. Tearing strips of flesh is what new kittens are for. But only a man of your caliber could teach the kitten to place the strips of flesh in a low heat oven, along with spices, to dry and then pound the strips into jerky. And yes, I'm sober.<br><br>Have you ever thought of using a Hennessey Hammock when you go out? I just got one of the new A-sym ultralights (1.9 lbs!!), and will post a review in the next few weeks.<br><br>Comedic wishes,<br><br>Peanut

#7153 - 06/27/02 05:03 AM Re: BANDIT LEADER!
Chris Kavanaugh Offline
Carpal Tunnel

A hammock?Tell me more please! I spent the day paste worming 18 horses, ranging from my 2 hackney ponies up to a 17 hand warmblood, cleaning the sheaths on all the geldings and one stallion,chasing off several nieghborhood dogs and every coyote in a 12 mile radius(Jenny the aussie is in her first heat) and rebuilding a paddock the 30 year old Appaloosa decided to have fun with. Then I got to do the routine chores involving a wheelbarrow and pitchfork. Im fieldtesting knives on haybales that contain disposable diapers,blister beetles, chunks of wood and even some alfalfa. I had it taken back, and the dealer mumbles about the nationwide drought and take it or leave it( until I showed him the diaper with half a dozen knives in my belt) The farrier disappeared again , but our DVM rolled in for coffee and an emergency restock on vetwrap, mineral oil and latex gloves from my supply after a rash of spastic colics and wire cuts. I stagger home looking like a Lonesome Dove extra and my nieghbors comment about how lucky I am to play with horses all day ;O)

#7154 - 06/27/02 06:40 AM Re: BANDIT LEADER!
peanut Offline
Journeyman

The Hennessey is a backpacking jungle hammock. As far as "lucky" to work with horses, I work in a veterinary ER. the hours and stress suck, but i'm NOT working with horses. Been there, done that. Absorbine Jr. was marketed because of all the horse people using Absorbine horse linament on their own sore tired muscles after a day workin with our equine friends. Horses are too much like real work.<br><br>Because the Hennessey is an enclosed, bug-proof hammock, it makes a good shelter for camping or emergency. No ground sheet needed, or sleeping pad in warm weather. lots of weight saving.<br><br>If you want the other kind of hammock, and can find the time, e-mail me. I've got a marlboro hammock I've never used. It's yours if you want it.<br><br>Peanut<br><br>PS - at least past wormers don't leave a bloody mess like tubing can do at the worst moment.

#7155 - 06/27/02 12:00 PM Re: BANDIT LEADER!
Trusbx Offline
addict

Loc: Ed's Country
The hennessy hammock is the best hammock I have ever had.<br>It is lightweight, comfortable and bugproof! Extremely important in these parts of the woods here.(tropical rainforest with lots of nasty mosquitoes)<br>It has a rain fly and the bottom entry hammock is covered with no-see-um. So you are sleeping in all actually a hanging tent! No more rocky ground to sleep on....<br>The site below has more info on the features and prices.<br>It was the best $80 (ok I got it on sale from tom hennessy) i've ever spent. I've just ordered another.<br><br>Check out their site : Hennessy hammock<br><br>Chris

#7156 - 06/27/02 02:55 PM Re: BANDIT LEADER!
peanut Offline
Journeyman

Trusbx, go to www.hikinghq.net and check out the new "snake skins" stuff sacks for fast set up. They're not up on the Hennessey site yet, but you can call and order them. Ann just put my order in for them yesterday.<br><br>Peanut

#7157 - 06/27/02 08:43 PM Re: BANDIT LEADER!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Following this string is a bit difficult, but I think I have it worked out--the only question logically extending from the string would be: Does the Hennessey effectively repel elephants?

#7158 - 06/27/02 10:03 PM Re: BANDIT LEADER!
peanut Offline
Journeyman

ROFL!!!!<br><br>Peanut

#7159 - 06/28/02 02:36 AM Re: BANDIT LEADER!
Trusbx Offline
addict

Loc: Ed's Country
just saw the snake skins in the pics at the site.<br>Interesting development i must say.<br>Fortunately, i am usually in no rush to set up or take down the my hammock. :-)

#7160 - 07/08/02 09:18 AM Re: BANDIT LEADER!
Anonymous
Unregistered

This is common-place around the world with wild animals in circusses, etc. The problem is not that these elephants go on the rampage, it's that people become far too complacent around a wild animal that is unpredictable at the best of times. The Indian Elephant is supposed to be more docile than the African Elephant, it is, nevertheless, a wild animal made to do things it is not supposed to!!!!!! I am against wild animals being used in circusses to entertain man ( bears, lions, tigers, etc) or do his dirty work for him. There are domestic beasts of burden, and machinery for that. I just feel strongly about this topic.<br><br>"Better to stand for something, than to fall for anything"

#7161 - 07/08/02 05:01 PM Re: BANDIT LEADER!
Chris Kavanaugh Offline
Carpal Tunnel

I wholly agree. My quirky degree specialty ( to get a degree in Anthropology, become expert in a oddball niche. Nobody will want to challenge- or hire you) involved domestication and animals as resources. We can have partnerships with animals; tribal falconers who release eagles at maturity to breed, Saint Francis, Doug Peacock who studies Grizzleys unarmed (except for a profound knowledge of body language) and forum administrators late with the horse's carrots..........

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 471 Guests and 18 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav
5368 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Corny Jokes
by wildman800
Yesterday at 10:40 AM
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/19/24 07:49 PM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
04/17/24 11:35 PM
Silver
by brandtb
04/16/24 10:32 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/16/24 03:13 PM
New York Earthquake
by chaosmagnet
04/09/24 12:27 PM
Bad review of a great backpack..
by Herman30
04/08/24 08:16 AM
Our adorable little earthquake
by Phaedrus
04/06/24 02:42 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.