Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#71461 - 08/19/06 02:34 AM Re: Are you deter from going to vacation now?
ironraven Offline
Cranky Geek
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Vermont
It is? *scratches behind ear* OK, I'm busted.

I was the kid who was in special education becuase he was ahead by several grade levels of knowledge and ability. I seem to recall thinking that kindergarten was a prison designed to further lower the minds of my "peers" to those possessed by a pair of dirty socks.

And yes, I got in a LOT of trouble for expressing my feelings about my classmates. And thier parents. And the "teacher"/pattycake supervisor. I was sent to the principle's office the first day.

Everyone with kids, don't hope for a genius, we really are a problem when we are little. If you get one, teach them humility quickly. Or you'll end up like my mother- her hair started going grey before I was in first grade.

When a man dare not speak without malice for fear of giving insult, that is when truth starts to die. Truth is the truest freedom.

#71462 - 08/19/06 01:40 PM Re: Are you deter from going to vacation now?
haertig Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Colorado
For me, the purpose for flying somewhere rather than driving is to save time, at the expense of paying more for that privilage.

The time savings don't happen so much anymore unless you're embarking on a cross-country flight. It's almost gotten to where one can drive from Denver to Dallas in the same time it would take to fly there, given driving to the airport, waiting in line to check baggage, going through security, waiting at destination baggage claim, arranging a rental car at the destination, etc.

We don't fly much anymore. The equation has tilted such that there is not much benefit to offset the cost. People taking longer flights might still come out ahead time-wise though, but not necessarily hassle-wise.

#71463 - 08/19/06 09:58 PM Re: Are you deter from going to vacation now?
Malpaso Offline
Old Hand

Loc: MA
Just spent a week OCONUS and flew out and back. Plenty of kids, plenty of toddlers and plenty of babes in arms on the flights. Nobody seemed any worse for it.

As I've said before, the terrorists win when we change our lives because of what they might do. I for one won't give them the satisfaction.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 269 Guests and 21 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Using a Compass Without a Map
by KenK
02/28/24 12:22 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.