Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Topic Options
#7062 - 06/23/02 06:07 PM everyday carry
Anonymous
Unregistered

After reading Dougs' artical about mini kits and what he carries sometime back, I stopped to think about what I carry almost everyday with me. <br>cell phone <br>bottle/can opener<br>mechanical pencil <br>ink pen<br>Gerber EZ opener (in front pants pocket- quick access knife-you never know)<br>Gerber multi-tool <br> Leatherman Micra<br>AA Mini-Mag <br>AAA Solitare Mini-Mag(in front pants pocket)<br>small 120 kg cap. snap link<br>Spyderco Lockblade (G.P. knife)<br>Buck Nighthawk sheat knife (About 75% of time-sometimes a good sheath knife is better than a lock blade)<br>Emergency kit (in a tin about half the size of an Althiods tin):<br>shaved magnesium in a tiny zip-lock <br>4- fish hooks<br>5- split shot <br>4-1" pieces wood coffee stirrer(impregnated w/parifin)<br>2-strike anywhere matches(impregnated w/parifin)<br>1 ft duct tape (folded over on itself)<br>1 ft aluminum foil <br>1- single edge razor blade<br>4 ft coated twist wire<br>1 plastic sewing bobin wound with 10 lb fishing line<br>piece wet/dry sandpaper<br>2-band-aides <br>tin sealed with 1 ft electrical tape<br><br>everthing above except for noted and the cell phone and Nighthawk is carried in a NITE-IZE POCK-ITS belt pouch<br>(Note-The emergency kit is a work in progress)<br>

#7063 - 06/24/02 01:55 AM Re: everyday carry
Chris Kavanaugh Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Welcome to the forum. Everyone's kit is a work in progress. I am always playing with my gear; testing it and my own shortcomings, adding,eliminating or borrowing a new idea ( oh yeah, I knew all about that, been in my PSK for AGES) The bottom line ? Anyone with even a rudimentary kit is exponentially better prepared than someone with nothing ( including the prescience to have one).

#7064 - 06/25/02 01:21 PM Re: everyday carry
tfisher Offline

Loc: Illinois, USA
My everyday carry as follows;<br><br>Swiss army knife, (the one thats almost like a tool chest)<br>'aaa' - minimag light<br>Photon LED light<br>Leatherman Micra<br>survival lighter<br>and my personal first aid kit PFAK which contains;<br><br>signal mirror<br>(10) bandaids<br>anti-biotic ointment<br>(2)knuckle bandaids<br>(4) butterfly closure strips<br>(4)"Q" tip swabs<br>(1) birthday candle<br>(2) strips of duct tape<br>(2) antiseptic towelettes<br>(6) strike anywhere matches<br>(1) betadine swab<br>(2) sting/bite swabs<br>(1) moist towelette<br>(2) 2 x 2 gauze pads<br>(6) safety pins<br>(1) sewing kit<br>(1) vial potassium permanganate<br>(1) vial water treatment tablets<br><br>all placed in a small "Otter Box" container<br><br>Ted Fisher<br>Vermilion County Search and Rescue

#7065 - 06/25/02 02:04 PM Re: everyday carry
Anonymous
Unregistered

Your first aid is almost identical to mine. A do not carry safety pins in my first aid but I do carry tweezers with a magnifying glass attached. I carry my kit in a small folding pouch in the zippered sleeve pocket of my MA-1 during spring and summer and in the sleeve pocket of my Snow Goose Parka during the winter.<br><br>Mariner

#7066 - 06/25/02 08:39 PM Re: everyday carry
tfisher Offline

I am always using my kit and I find that I use it for other people around me more than myself. I have to get them to build their own kit somehow. I am still looking for the perfect container. I want a waterproof metal container that I can boil water in but still a small pocket size.<br><br>Ted Fisher<br>Vermilion County Search and Rescue

#7067 - 06/25/02 08:58 PM Re: everyday carry
Schwert Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Seattle, Washington
Ted,<br>Depending on the dimensions you are looking for see the thread about Japanese Picnic Boxes and getting one from me via Trusbx in Singapore sometime soon. These boxes are stainless steel with a gasketed stainless lid with clips. Not only can you boil water in them but they are EASY to get into unlike a tin with tape, paracord etc.<br><br>They are, of course, too large for pocket carry (except maybe BDU leg pockets) but great for bag carry or Belt bag carry.<br><br>I am going to set up 3 "use" kits with mine that will be kept in my daily carry bag, my desk drawer, and my car.<br><br>So far, these boxes are the only ones I have seen that are both waterproof and sort of small. Unfortunately, the design has nearly totally been replaced by plastic. We are hoping the manufacture (Seagull) delivers some to Singapore this Summer.

#7068 - 06/26/02 12:29 PM Re: everyday carry
Anonymous
Unregistered

I personally carry a victorinox midnight mini champ 2 modified (with tweezerz and tooth pick attatched), my tic tac survival kit (razor blades, dog tag signal mirror, dog tag fire starter, 10 water proof matches w/striker, fishing kit(6 hooks small extra small medium, weights, swivel), compass, water purification tabs, condom, dental floss, and fishing line, also on a key chain i have a fox 40 , photon 2, and have the chain attatched to the key ring on my mini champ

#7069 - 06/26/02 08:07 PM Re: everyday carry
tfisher Offline

Do you re-package the water tablets<br><br>Ted Fisher<br>Vermilion County Search and Rescue

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 446 Guests and 20 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Zippo Butane Inserts
by NAro
Today at 11:57 AM
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
03/27/24 11:21 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.