Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#6727 - 06/06/02 04:46 AM Re: Could you survive for 4 weeks on your PSK?
AndyO Offline

Loc: Jawja
Well, you could one-up me and become the other, other Andy<br><br>If I am ever lucky enough to find myself in a true survival situation with all my kit (with an audience of unprepared), I will be able to die contented. I will then have the pleasure of full vindication for ALL the ribbing I have ever gotten for my gear fettish. Kinda ironic, aint it? smiles, <br><br>Signed, one of the Andys.

#6728 - 06/06/02 11:09 AM You ain't kidding
Anonymous
Unregistered

AndyO -<br><br>>>>pleasure of full vindication for ALL the ribbing I have ever gotten for my gear fetish.<br><br>Isn't that the truth. I take all sorts of static from husband and friends about this. I have the usual in a trunk kit (small tent, water, food, knives, paracord, fire stuff, comm stuff, money) and my husband thinks I'm nuts.<br><br>BUT - whenever there's a problem, he's very glad that stuff is back there. We haven't had to go offroad because of a major catastrophe, but we have had 4 hour stuck-on-the-road trafiic jams with cars overheating and hungry, thirsty kids. I also travel easier knowing I have my gear and know how to use it.<br><br>The only ones in my family who like doing the prep work are my 9 yo and 7 year old kids!<br><br>Any one else have spouse problems along these lines? How do you handle it?<br><br>Solo Mamabear :-(

#6729 - 06/06/02 12:46 PM Re: Could you survive for 4 weeks on your PSK?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Chris,<br>I guess I misunderstood you. I am not use to talking in this way. Sorry about that!

#6730 - 06/06/02 01:37 PM Re: You ain't kidding
AndyO Offline

Have you considered spouse swapping?<br>Actually, that would be a bad idea because we would fight constantly about what and who's gear to fillup the cargo area of the sport 'ute for the trip to 7-eleven!

#6731 - 06/06/02 02:35 PM No fighting allowed
Anonymous
Unregistered

AndyO -<br><br>>>Have you considered spouse swapping?<br>Actually, that would be a bad idea because we would fight constantly about what and who's gear to fillup the cargo area of the sport 'ute for the trip to 7-eleven! <<<<<<br><br>Actually, I don't think there'd be ANY fighting. There'd be TWO sport 'utes in the driveway and we'd both have great gear that we were totally satisfied with....uhhh, yeah, that IS a dream, isn't it?!! :-)<br><br>Mamabear

#6732 - 06/06/02 04:58 PM Re: Could you survive for 4 weeks on your PSK?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Never what I would call an ordeal. Often camping, hiking and backpacking. When I have volunteered into the wilderness I have never gone poorly prepared. I haven't been placed into a wilderness situation by surprise as yet (read plane crash or Winter storm stranding etc). Learned most of the skills I have through the scouts as a much younger person. Have polished them up a bit since joining this forum. This forum has enabled me to actually slim down what I carry into the wilderness by helping me to focus on the truley important. An example is casting aside the 10 pound tent for a 2 pound tarp. I still carry a down pillow in a satin case for the comfort though if I am planning to be out for more than a day.<br><br>miniMe == meBrad

#6733 - 06/06/02 09:25 PM Re: Could you survive for 4 weeks on your PSK?
Ade Offline
Enthusiast

Andy (it's Thursday; you get the first one...),<br><br>According to your signature line, we are one....I'm confused. <br><br>Take care,<br><br>Not Andy

#6734 - 06/13/02 10:33 PM Re: You ain't kidding
doracozz Offline

Loc: California
Hi: I am a new member and when I read these posts, I thought I'd put in my two cents. My husband also thinks I'm crazy and that I'm an extremist about my efforts to be prepared. It helps to know that I'm not the only one who is having to deal with this same problem. I have learned to ignore the unfavorable remarks and just keep doing what I think is right. I'm so glad I found this forum; it's nice to know that there are other people who share the same concerns. <br>Dora

#6735 - 06/14/02 02:03 AM Re: You ain't kidding
Ade Offline
Enthusiast

Dora,<br><br>Hello and welcome aboard. Most of us take a little flack from spouses and significant others, not to mention friends. My wife has went from indignant exasperation (I was a "paranoid freak") to good natured ribbing (now I'm an "overgrown boyscout") over the years, largely as a result of my ability to produce needed items at the right time. Hopefully, the third or forth time you can slap a bandaid on someone, or start a fire, or produce water and snacks when you're stuck in a traffic jam...all by "magic" (preparedness), your hubby will come around as well. <br><br>Good luck and take care,<br><br>Andy

#6736 - 06/14/02 05:41 AM Re: You ain't kidding
AndyO Offline

Unfortunately, that is not my case. Ribbing in times of comfort and excess will always be the case for me. Metered appreciation in times of "them needin' what I gots" will be the only thanks I will ever get.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 253 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Using a Compass Without a Map
by KenK
02/28/24 12:22 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.