Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#650 - 05/10/01 03:11 AM Dr. Nuclear
Anonymous
Unregistered

Doug Ritter You The Man! lol ive been waiting for a cool forum like this and want to thank you but its a little late : ) <br> You guys ever think of the threat of nuclear war? I mean what good is a knife against a nuclear warhead? were in the age where technology plays a vital role in the way we live and (no offense im 1 to ) some of you guys are asking questions about where should i go if were under attack and stuff and what kind of things should i bring? well most likely if you or i are going to get bombed the goverment isnt going to notify us until the last few hours and when chinas.... opps..... that bomb hits depending on its size its gonna clear out a 50 mile radius of .. me and you! so here i get to the point... THE OVERTHROW OF THE GOVERMENT!!!!!!!!!!! LOL !!! oops jk : ) (note to goverment official : im a minor and dont know if that will get me into trouble so please forgive. ) but i was just wandering what your guys opinion is on all this survival readyness and equipment is really nessecary? Are you ever going to really need it or why not spend your money on FERRARIS! but really have i focused too much on this just 1 topic please tell me what other threats are out ther. if a hurricane or tornado happens your going to have police firefighters national guard and what not there so dont see a reason for lots of survival equipment. earth quake and volcanos to ^<br><br><br>

#651 - 05/10/01 05:40 AM Re: Dr. Nuclear
Chris Kavanaugh Offline
Carpal Tunnel

The emhasis here is on personal self reliance.In wilderness or marine environments the cultural constructs that provide order and comfort are not present,at least not in our modern society.However the skills presented here represent knowledge that goes back to when the natural world was our true home.As for relying on social services in a major catastrophy-don't.When I served in the Coast Guard,there were times all I could do was keep my own crew alive.As to our various mass means of self destruction,both rapid and slow?Get involved.I suggest IF YOU LOVE THIS PLANET by Doctor Helen Caldicott.As to a knife vs. a warhead?When Germany defeated France overzealous SS stormed several embassies.They were repelled by only one.The Swiss ambassador personally drove them from the grounds with-a SAK!<br><br>

#652 - 05/10/01 01:34 PM Direction
NAro Offline
Addict

Am I in the wrong place now? Perhaps this is just a cycle, but it seems we've moved away from the stated policy of this forum. To quote Doug's policy "Politics and philosophy can be stimulating to discuss and debate, but this is not the place to do it. Please stick to the topics of survival equipment and techniques. This is not a survivalist web site and such discussions are not appropriate. "<br><br>We used to focus more in accord with the policy; wilderness survival equipment/techniques. Lately we've been drifting to urban survivalIST issues, political issues, even weapons for survival against people in a Mad Max world.<br><br>Is this where we want the forum to go? <br>??'ya out there, Doug?<br><br><br><br><br>

#653 - 05/10/01 02:34 PM why sruvival...
Anonymous
Unregistered

The discussion in this group has turned a little toward survivalism lately, but the bulk of the information and discussion on this site as a whole is about wilderness survival. Many of us are interested in being prepared to cope with being lost or stranded in the wild. Those scenarios don't typically involve nuclear holocaust. <br><br>You are right that in a typical natural disaster there are a lot of support services provided by government agencies, Red Cross, churches, etc. I've been either on the giving or receiving end of that system in several different disasters. Those resources don't always appear right away and they sometimes get spread pretty thin, so being able to cope for yourself for at least a little while can make a big difference before help arrives and can make you more comfortable even after help arrives.<br><br>And I definitely would rather have a Ferrari in the driveway than a bunker under my back yard. But I can stash a pocket knife and a can of Sterno away without breaking the budget.<br><br>

#654 - 05/10/01 02:46 PM Re: Direction
Doug_Ritter Offline

Pooh-Bah

Naro,<br><br>I am now, and you are absolutely correct. Let's see what can be done.<br><br>Regards,<br><br><br>Doug Ritter<br>Editor<br>Equipped To Survive
Chairman & Executive Director
Equipped To Survive Foundation
www.KnifeRights.org
www.DougRitter.com

#655 - 05/10/01 02:46 PM well put
Anonymous
Unregistered

You are right. There are plenty of places for survivalist discussions on the web and precious few that are just about survival. Lets keep this forum a survival fourm. <br><br>I'll do my part by not responding to survivalist posts. <br><br>

#656 - 05/10/01 02:53 PM PLEASE TAKE "SURVIVALIST" DISCUSSIONS ELSEWHERE
Doug_Ritter Offline

Pooh-Bah

Thank you for your compliments, however I must ask you to please review the Survival Forum Rules and Courtesies.<br><br>http://www.equipped.org/rules.htm<br><br>"Politics and philosophy can be stimulating to discuss and debate, but this is not the place to do it. Please stick to the topics of survival equipment and techniques. This is not a survivalist web site and such discussions are not appropriate. "<br><br>There are plenty of places on the Web to discuss these issues, this forum isn't one of them. Please take this discussion elsewhere. Thank you for your consideration.<br><br>Regards,<br><br>Doug Ritter<br>Editor<br>Equipped To Survive
www.KnifeRights.org
www.DougRitter.com

#657 - 05/10/01 02:55 PM Re: why sruvival...
Doug_Ritter Offline

Pooh-Bah

Castaway,<br><br>Thank you for supporting and respecting the Forum Rules and Courtesies. <br><br>"Politics and philosophy can be stimulating to discuss and debate, but this is not the place to do it. Please stick to the topics of survival equipment and techniques. This is not a survivalist web site and such discussions are not appropriate. "<br><br>There are plenty of places on the Web to discuss these issues, this forum isn't one of them.<br><br>Regards,<br><br>Doug Ritter<br>Editor<br>Equipped To Survive
www.KnifeRights.org
www.DougRitter.com

#658 - 05/10/01 02:58 PM Re: Dr. Nuclear
Doug_Ritter Offline

Pooh-Bah

Chris,<br><br>Very well said, thanks for your support of the Forum Rules and Courtesies. <br><br>"Politics and philosophy can be stimulating to discuss and debate, but this is not the place to do it. Please stick to the topics of survival equipment and techniques. This is not a survivalist web site and such discussions are not appropriate. "<br><br>There are plenty of places on the Web to discuss these issues, this forum isn't one of them.<br><br>Regards,<br><br>Doug Ritter<br>Editor<br>Equipped To Survive
www.KnifeRights.org
www.DougRitter.com

#659 - 05/10/01 07:04 PM Alternate Forum that Discusses Survivalism
Anonymous
Unregistered

http://www.plainsmanscabin.com<br><br>The above site is an open discussion forum about survivalism. Gear, techniques, planning, etc. are discussed in a polite and non-political manner. <br><br>Doug's site is the best place on the web for gear. Plainsman Cabin is one of the best for discussion of preparation and survivialism. Friendly discussion without harsh language or put downs by know it alls. Give it a try.<br><br>

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online
1 registered (Ren), 377 Guests and 55 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Jeanette_Isabelle
Yesterday at 01:15 PM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
04/17/24 11:35 PM
Silver
by brandtb
04/16/24 10:32 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/16/24 03:13 PM
New York Earthquake
by chaosmagnet
04/09/24 12:27 PM
Bad review of a great backpack..
by Herman30
04/08/24 08:16 AM
Our adorable little earthquake
by Phaedrus
04/06/24 02:42 AM
Amanda Nenigar found dead
by Phaedrus
04/05/24 04:39 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.