Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Topic Options
#64247 - 04/18/06 06:30 PM How about a scenario without firearms...
Anonymous
Unregistered

We've heard from a few who state that firearms are "...the least of your problems..." and I'll have to agree there are quite a few scenarios where this could be true.

I'd like to hear from someone else familiar with building a realsitic scenario. Although I was raised in Southern California, I'm a rural guy for the past 35 years and I'm really out-of-touch with realistic working-in-the-city scenarios.

Anyone?

#64248 - 04/18/06 08:39 PM Re: How about a scenario without firearms...
ironraven Offline
Cranky Geek
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Vermont
Having traveled into truely urban areas several times the past few years, the response is simple:

Move light, move fast, avoid crowds and have a destination in mind, but don't move towards it until you are clear. Keep the problem at your back.

When a man dare not speak without malice for fear of giving insult, that is when truth starts to die. Truth is the truest freedom.

#64249 - 04/18/06 11:09 PM Re: How about a scenario without firearms...
handyman Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Massachusetts
The city can be a dangerous place to travel through on foot at any time . If your'e walking in the city , day or night , and a bad guy sees something you have that he wants . Or something about you says that you would be an easy victim . Even if there are other people around some badguys will not hesitate in robbing you . They know that most people will not get involved and help you . In a disaster/shtf scenario it would be a thousand times more dangerous . luck would play a big part of surviving in a city , especialy for someone who is not familiar with the surroundings . I have lived in a city and have walked through some areas that I probably shouldn't have . Believe me , a city is not a place you want to be in a disaster . Personaly , I would not want to BO on foot , unarmed in the city or the country . A firearm may not save me but I think it would tip the odds in my favor . But if you are inexperienced or uncomfortable with firearms then I'd say DON'T carry them . Let's say 3 or 4 creeps were going to rob you . If you had no gun to defend yourself , you would have to give up all your stuff . They might decide to beat the crap out of you or kill you just for fun , If you are a woman or are with a woman or girl , I think you can guess what might happen . On the other hand , if you did pull a gun to protect yourself , you better be prepared to use it .

#64250 - 04/24/06 09:42 PM Re: How about a scenario without firearms...
DBAGuy Offline
dedicated member

Loc: Colorado Springs, CO

Quote:
realistic working-in-the-city scenarios.

SO you mean you are , let's say San Fran, and the SHTF.
What do you do? Guns are out of the question because you are law-abiding, and SF has very restrictive gun laws,

I guess it depends on what has happened. MUST you bug out, or are you safer where you are?

Moderator:  MartinFocazio, Tyber 
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online
1 registered (Ren), 261 Guests and 21 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav
5368 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Corny Jokes
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/19/24 11:47 PM
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/19/24 07:49 PM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
04/17/24 11:35 PM
Silver
by brandtb
04/16/24 10:32 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/16/24 03:13 PM
New York Earthquake
by chaosmagnet
04/09/24 12:27 PM
Bad review of a great backpack..
by Herman30
04/08/24 08:16 AM
Our adorable little earthquake
by Phaedrus
04/06/24 02:42 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.