Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Topic Options
#6248 - 05/15/02 05:57 PM Transformation
peanut Offline
Journeyman

Last night my wife was watching "The Stand" on Sci-Fi channel. For those of you unfamiliar, it's a Stephen King story having something to do with a biologic accident that kills like 99% of the people. <br><br>She was talking about what we'd do in similar situations and casually mentioned (TRANSFORMATION!) OUR survival gear. Funny, it's always been Your survival stuff. You know, that stuff you've left lying about in the living room too long, or that weird item that arrives to great excitement by you, while she pats you on your little head and says "That's nice, Dear". It seems that in a crisis, it becomes "ours". <br><br>The good news is that a) I got a few minutes of wife prodding in for free, and b) we had some good discussion on various scenarios where we'd have to get out and on what many of the items were and their uses.<br><br>With that, I feel much better prepared now that she has a slightly better understanding of preparedness.<br><br>Peanut

#6249 - 05/15/02 08:37 PM Re: Transformation
AndyO Offline

Loc: Jawja
Now don't we all have stories like that! Like the one time when... or the time that my wife said... just minutes after making fun of my gear collection. Not to mention the time I saved her friend's a$$ that time because I just happened to have a .... and they then proceeded to really make fun of my "excentricities" over dinner. Jeesh, fight the good fight. Andy, out.

#6250 - 05/16/02 12:02 AM Re: Transformation
Anonymous
Unregistered

peanut, you must be reading my mail. Peg has only marginally, but I must say good-naturedly, tolerated my expanded interest in preparedness and survival. This week, however, she is chaperoning about a million sixth graders on an outdoor camping adventure for which she was woefully unprepared. She left the house in "OUR" Navigator with a couple of duffel bags of "OUR" equipment (including lanterns, MRE's, Poncho's etc.). She didn't have an ounce of trouble removing the "Y" from the equation (it was always "YOUR" stuff before). It actually is great fun (couldn't resist a couple of carefully aimed barbs) and I am so new at this that she will catch up in an instant and we will be doing more of it together I think. Go figure.<br><br>Robb

#6251 - 05/16/02 01:00 AM Re: Transformation
Chris Kavanaugh Offline
Carpal Tunnel

An aquaintance who boards at the ranch had quite the conversation about my "James Bond Box." If I heard the retelling correctly; I am compensating for a society that has obsoleted the mythic rugged American Male capable of altering his destiny, prevailing social mores, wild animals and hostile indigenous first Americans ( reaction of my off res Apache friend " Oh, I think she means INDIANS".) This was retold after I produced my SPYDERCO ( oh, thats a Phallic symbol) and cut her idiot Dressage horse free:said horse having thrown itself down while tied. Her boyfriend -THE COMMODITIES BROKER called 911.

#6252 - 05/16/02 02:12 AM Re: Transformation
Anonymous
Unregistered

But have you noticed the female species is walking closer to the you when they are worried or need help? This makes you feel secure if there is ever a real problem. At least you won't get lonely.<br><br>Regards<br>Bruce G.<br>

#6253 - 05/17/02 01:37 PM THE MISTRESS
SonexN36SX Offline

A husband and wife were having dinner at a very fine restaurant when this absolutely stunning young woman <br>comes over to their table, gives the husband a big kiss, tells him she'll see him later, and walks away. <br><br>His wife glares at him and says, "Who was that??!!" <br><br>"Oh," replies the husband, "that was my mistress." <br><br>The wife says, "That's it; I want a divorce." <br><br>"I understand," replies her husband, "but, remember, if you get a divorce, there will be no more shopping <br>trips to Paris, no wintering in the Caribbean, no Lexus in the garage, and no more country club. But the <br>decision is yours." <br><br>Just then the wife notices a mutual friend entering the restaurant with a gorgeous woman. "Who's that woman with <br>Jim?" she asks. <br><br>"That's his mistress," replies her husband. <br><br>"Ours is prettier," says the wife. <br>

#6254 - 05/17/02 08:52 PM Re: THE MISTRESS
peanut Offline
Journeyman

Dear sir, <br><br>While I found your post amusing, it had little to do with emergency situations. For an example of a story inolving an emergency, I submit:<br><br>Two hunters from New Jersey are out in the woods when one of them falls to<br>the ground. He does not appear to be breathing. The other whips out his<br>mobile phone and calls the emergency services. He gasps out to the operator,<br>"My friend is dead! What can I do?"<br>The operator, in a calm soothing voice, says, "Calm down. Just take it easy.<br>First let's make sure he's dead."<br><br>There is a silence, then a shot is heard. The guy's voice comes back on the<br>line. He says, "Okay, now what?"<br><br><br>Sorry, I just couldn't resist.<br><br>Peanut

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
2 registered (Ratch, Jeanette_Isabelle), 322 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
03/27/24 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
03/27/24 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.