We are looking for a good medical reference book. Something that goes beyond trauma and helps with everyday medical problems, similar to the Chinese “Bare Foot Doctors” manual. This excellent reference is only available on micro-fiche and unfortunately prescribes oriental herbs and medicines which are difficult to find in this part of the world (the Americas). We live in a small RV and travel to the most remote places we can find and stay as long as possible.<br><br>Several days with a low grade fever or internal pain makes one thumb thru all our medical references. We seldom find anything useful. <br><br>A good book is “Where there is no Doctor” by Werner. It is designed for rural health practitioners and covers common problems (Also available in Spanish. Buy one and give it away). Very good as far as it goes. I would be glad to review it for the group if there is interest.<br><br>It would be best if we could find something on CD as space is a problem. The Merck Manual on CD is trivial and keeps recommending that you see your doctor. Yep, I’ll just crawl over to the truck and drive 150 miles over bad roads to the local rural doctors office. It may only be open on Tuesdays…I donno…. Take two aspirins and come back in a week……<br><br>Any recommendations appreciated.<br><br>