Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#6105 - 05/14/02 11:13 PM Re: SPEAKING OF BARRY and BLUELINE
Anonymous
Unregistered

You reminded me that I have meant to publicly thank Barry for going the extra mile. I needed some hard to find stuff in a hurry before I went over the pond to London and Barry got the goods to me super quickly and very inexpensively. I have absolutely no financial interest in Blueline, but this is a resource that we can't afford to take for granted and really need to support. Whenever I buy anything from now on, I am going to first see if Blueline has it, or can get it. His profit margin for these items can't be much, especially in that he breaks it up and sells us individual items we would otherwise have to buy in bulk. We need to keep this guy in business.<br> <br>By the way, if you are like me and have trouble getting started on putting together a decent psk, Blueline sells a "combat survival kit" made by B.C.B. International (Doug has reviewed it). They are very inexpensive (I think about $20) and Barry sends along a page of suggestions on how to improve it. If you follow those suggestions and Doug's, you very quickly end up with a serviceable kit to use while you are trying to learn the ins and outs and assemble your own "perfect" kit (which may NEVER happen in my case). This isn't very meaningful to the pros out there, but a great help to those like me (YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE) who are the "survival illiterate". <br><br> Robb<br><br>

#6106 - 05/15/02 05:49 AM Re: SPEAKING OF BARRY and BLUELINE
Chris Kavanaugh Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Robb, "survival illiterate"? The day I have the hubris to call myself literate old Mother Nature is going to backhand me. Anyone who becomes cognisant of being prepared is literate. The first book of matches and SAK in the pocket 24/7 is a kit. Perhaps not all the whistles and bells we would like, but light years ahead of the herd. Barry is indeed a valued resource and friend to this forum. The "pros" would be cobbling together pop bottle and old boot sock water filters without Barry and his peers. Looking at my socks, Id rather drink downstream from a drowned steer that is slipping it's hide :O(

Edited by Chris Kavanaugh (05/15/02 05:52 AM)

#6107 - 05/16/02 01:26 AM Re: Japanese picnic boxes
schaz Offline

Loc: California
I bought a bunch of things from Adventure Tools in December and had no problems. I bought boxes for six kits, and ran them out of some things like esbit stoves.<br><br>I got them at sales@adventuretools.com, you might also try:<br>negrino@adventuretools.com<br><br>Good luck.<br><br>P.S. I am now a happy Blueline customer.

#6108 - 05/16/02 04:27 AM Re: SPEAKING OF BARRY and BLUELINE
Anonymous
Unregistered

I too would like to thank Barry for his help. I've been struggling for a couple of years to improve my survival kits. I contacted him through the EQS listing and my kits are a finally a few days away from completion. (until I improve them again). He has a great selection and next time I will go through him before I run to the local outdoor store. If everyone who is looking at completing kits here would use him first, he would greatly appreciate it I know and might, just might, be able to keep this great thing going.<br>IMHO :v) 9-fingers

#6109 - 05/16/02 04:38 AM Re: Japanese picnic boxes
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well, I've asked around at the local sushi establishments and the chefs do regognise the beaten-up former box that I have--- btw, It's not able to seal at this time-- I'm too sentimental to toss it though---I used to keep cigarettes in it back in my smoking days, and it went through its final beeting at the fire academy in my bunker coat....<br>They referred me to the local asian stores and to chinatown in Seattle-- where I couldn't find any help. So far the writing on it is a mystery-- I'll have to ask my Chinese-American neighbor and my Japanese mother-in-law. Also, I've got relatives in-law in Japan so I'll attempt to see if any might be avail. Thanks for all the posts.

#6110 - 05/19/02 04:27 PM Re: Japanese picnic boxes
Anonymous
Unregistered

My mother-in-law from the "old" country of post WWII Japan says the boxes used to be used for warming up a meal on the wood stove. Since that isn't done much anymore they aren't made apparently. Plastic is now used to heat up leftovers in the microvave, much as we typically do. I'll quit this discussion for now-- and will re-post if I find out something new. tx, 9fingers

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 353 Guests and 44 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Corny Jokes
by Jeanette_Isabelle
Yesterday at 11:47 PM
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Jeanette_Isabelle
Yesterday at 07:49 PM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
04/17/24 11:35 PM
Silver
by brandtb
04/16/24 10:32 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/16/24 03:13 PM
New York Earthquake
by chaosmagnet
04/09/24 12:27 PM
Bad review of a great backpack..
by Herman30
04/08/24 08:16 AM
Our adorable little earthquake
by Phaedrus
04/06/24 02:42 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.