As far as play-acting goes, there's a real difference between my generation and the previous one. I'm referring to my dad's generation. Things were much more serious, I guess. My dad was a marine during the Korean War. He was drafted. When he reached a certain age, he put away his toys and grew up. Just like that. I never knew him to do a childish thing in his life. He worked hard. He never bought himself things. He would have called it a waste of money. I call it being good to yourself. I loved having him as my dad, and he loved me, but we had major differences of opinion, as fathers and sons often do. Seems to be the way nature does things. Grin.<br><br>Me, well, I'm different. My wife and I decided not to have kids. I decided I could behave as a grownup, but that I did not have to put away my toys to grow up. I enjoy working hard, but I also enjoy buying myself things. I try to be good to myself.<br><br>I wonder why our parents refused, or were afraid, to be good to themselves once in awhile. You can do it inexpensively. We do.<br>