Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Topic Options
#458 - 03/29/01 04:40 AM "Tobacco" tin source
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi there!<br><br>I noticed a previous post where people were trying to find a good source for tins. Well, I found one today in the city I live in at a local "Head Shop". It looked about perfect for what I wanted. The dimensions (internal) are 41/8"Lx3"Wx15/16"D. Another nice touch with this tin is that is has a rubber seal around the inside of the top that helps seal the tin a little better.<br><br>After knowing what to look for after I purchased this today, I looked for them on the net. You can find them at the following link...http://www.clubthings.com/gear_tins.html. The prices on the net are very reasonable at $2.95. I paid a little less than 5.00 for mine. Who knows, a few people might want to get together on this and buy several to help defray shipping cost for a really good price overall. Just a suggestion.<br><br>When you look at these tins on the webpage, they do look a little goofy. However, the images you see on the tins are simply a foil sticker that pulls off very easily, leaving no trace of the sticker behind on the lid like a paper sticker would. This leaves a very attractive, matte black tin.<br><br>I couldn't find where Doug listed any dimensions for his tin, but I did a comparison with one of my own credit cards (like he did on his page) and it looks like my tin is just a shade wider than his, but it's still pretty compact.<br><br>Just thought you all might want to check them out!!<br><br>Take care,<br><br>poesson<br><br><br><br>

#459 - 03/29/01 08:28 PM Re: "Tobacco" tin source
AndyO Offline

Loc: Jawja
I can't decide if I want "Hello Pitbull" of "pink fur" (potential fire tender?) LOL.<br><br>

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 474 Guests and 15 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Zippo Butane Inserts
by NAro
Today at 11:57 AM
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
03/27/24 11:21 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.