Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#4574 - 03/03/02 07:13 PM Re: where to live
Anonymous
Unregistered

May I ask why? Why are you going to do this at 14 years old?<br><br>it is one thing to live off the land.... I did for 3 years, but there is more to it than that. It is hard work everyday, and there is a human factor...that is the need that comes from being alone for a extended time..... maybe you have all the skills you need, and maybe not...... I really would like about a 30,000 word essay from you on this....... mac

#4575 - 03/03/02 07:31 PM Re: where to live
Anonymous
Unregistered

why, all i can tell you i that i dont know why, i just want to live outdoors with the animals. i always dream about being there, like while i'm at home at school, etc. thats all i can really tell anyone. i guess i want to become one of those runaway kids that live in the wild for there hole life, and come back to a town and everyone is surprised there even alive. Well thats all i can tell you i guess.<br>- Shawn

#4576 - 03/03/02 07:36 PM Re: where to live
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ok, then maybe get ready for a couple months first. gather all you think you need and make an arrangement for a 2 month trial run. 60 days can be a long time at 14 years old... I was 14 once so I know...... mac

#4577 - 03/03/02 07:39 PM Re: where to live
Anonymous
Unregistered

ok good idea, but what do you mean just plan to go forever but if i dont like it after 2 months then go home. what did you mean when you said you where 14 once<br>-Shawn

#4578 - 03/03/02 07:45 PM Re: where to live
Anonymous
Unregistered

I mean get a 60 day practice run in to learn what you will need later... I am 50 now, and I had dreams of being out in Alaska for all my life at 14. i don't know you, and I don't know your skills level, but if you have parents that love you they just might be a tad upset to find you missing.... if you tell them you want to try out living in a wilderness, maybe they will send you for training... maybe since I don't know you, you are a perfect outdoorsman now. Are you? Tell me what you intend to do with no computer, friends, and creature comforts that you have now?

#4579 - 03/03/02 07:51 PM Re: where to live
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well i plan to live outdoors cause i like the outdoors. i really dont need friends, or a computer for comforts i will use the wilderness like the indians and teach my self. i dream about being in the wilderness hunting and fishing for food and surviving. i plan on taking only required gear like knife, flint, snares, survival guide (i case i forget about something), cooking gear, and some clothes, and some other misc gear. i want to live like the kids in the book " coming back alive", or like the kid in the book " my side of the mountain"<br>-Shawn

#4580 - 03/03/02 08:04 PM Re: where to live
Anonymous
Unregistered

I don't know where you live either, but what about schooling and medical needs? Are you practiced with trapping and making things? Do you know how to start fire with no matches and lighters? Do you know plants well, and woods well? Can you ID wood type in winter, or with out bark and or with out leaves? Do you know how to make all the parts to a tip up with just a knife? Do you know how right now today to make bark fiber coradge to replace lost snares, and fishing equipment? Do you know enough about fish, and fishing to catch 100 fish every 6 hours? Can you make bread from cambium bark?<br><br>Maybe you can and more as you will need to.... Can you set broken bones (your own) can you sew your self up with no pain meds? I am not trying to challange you or even stop you! I would just like to know how you will live off the land.....<br><br>My personal opinion would be for you to try it out with a return date in mind..... get self educated woods wise, and return for a formal education, and then go be the type of naturalist to aid the same animals you wish to be with now...<br><br>I am not familiar with the 2 books you mention, but you need a copy of Tom Brown's Field guide for sure....I am waitng for a reply and will be each time you write so don't stop. Mac

#4581 - 03/03/02 08:10 PM Re: where to live
Anonymous
Unregistered

yes i do know alot about all of that. i do have several types of survival, plant id, and tree id guides. i hope to get a medical book, although right now i have been reading off of website about plant medicine and how to make it into a medicine. i have been reading all of my survival guides lately. the survival guides i have are " NAKED INTO THE WOODS", "SURVIVAL, a military guide"," BOY SCOUT BOOK" and some others that i cant remember.<br>-Shawn

#4582 - 03/03/02 08:15 PM Re: where to live
Anonymous
Unregistered

Are you saying you read it, or you can and have done it before?<br>May I ask if you have parents? and may I ask roughly what part of the world you are at right now? What is the area like where you live? What do you do outdoors now?

#4583 - 03/03/02 08:19 PM Re: where to live
Anonymous
Unregistered

i have read it and can do it, i practiced survival skills. i live in michigan, USA. things i like to do outdoors are camping, backpacking, and just being outdoors.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 609 Guests and 101 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav
5368 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Corny Jokes
by wildman800
Yesterday at 10:40 AM
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/19/24 07:49 PM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
04/17/24 11:35 PM
Silver
by brandtb
04/16/24 10:32 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/16/24 03:13 PM
New York Earthquake
by chaosmagnet
04/09/24 12:27 PM
Bad review of a great backpack..
by Herman30
04/08/24 08:16 AM
Our adorable little earthquake
by Phaedrus
04/06/24 02:42 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.