Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#4271 - 02/18/02 04:43 AM Experts
Chris Kavanaugh Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Much of my weekend has been attending a "equestrian seminar" a growing cottage industry that gave inspiration to, and gained popularity with THE HORSE WHISPERER with Robert Redford. The pale blue eyes of the clinician fell on my pencil bosal and mecate ( a hair rope and thin rawhide noseband.) "Why do you have THAT with THAT RIG?" Because it forms a simple halter and it ---"WRONG.WRONG,WRONG! We use them in Montana son ( hes half my age) to ketch the cyuse if'n we get thrown. A hand will die of thirst where I come from!" No you wont. What? If you know what your doing theres water in Montana. The prehistoric people that left folsum points in megabison didn't ride horses. And besides, my horse has manners and ground ties ( taught to stand still when the reins fall ). At this point the adoring audience of horsey girls looked at me with utter disdain ( and plans to get a mecate and bosal just like Lash La Rue the horse whisperer.) so they wont die of thirst. I was banished from the arena and rode off to the local Mexican Carniceria for a ego soothing beer and burrito, tying my horse to a lampost. Experts. If I ever sound like him on the forum somebody boot me please!!!!!

#4272 - 02/18/02 05:03 AM Re: Experts
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ah, heck, Chris, we all pontificate from time to time. OK, so some more than others. *looks around, making sure no is pointing/looking at me*<br><br>Communial kick in the butt, first Sunday of the month? smile

#4273 - 02/18/02 04:20 PM Re: Experts
Anonymous
Unregistered

LOL, now you just gotta learn how to cut out a little rump muscles and still ride the "Cayuse" Commanche style Eat and Skeet..... I am a Bit O' hossman too..... no longer have one though.....wish......... Mac

#4274 - 02/18/02 05:12 PM Re: Experts (Chris)
peanut Offline
Journeyman

Small minded jerks who call themselves "experts" are everywhere, in every field. Don't be too harsh, though they can be fun. They'll tell you what can't be done, and exactly why. Then go do it, it'll really [censored] the experts off. History's greats are the ones who strove to [censored] off experts, nothing more..<br><br>Cliff says you like Mardi Gras, E-mail me if you'd like some leftovers from a parade or two.<br><br>Peanut

#4275 - 02/18/02 05:31 PM Re: Experts (Chris)
Chris Kavanaugh Offline
Carpal Tunnel

MARDI GRAS! My bunkmate in the Coast Guard was a Cajun. I went back for his wedding. Both he and his fiancee converted to LDS, but were married in the Catholic church of their families.We went into the bayou to visit Mama Tibidoux, a witchywoman. She told me to flee as fast as I could, some cajun queen called Genevieve wanted me. I took her advice, taking a new love of boudan, gumbo and Clifton Chenier. My friends write Genevieve now weighs 280lbs and runs a crawdad stand.

#4276 - 02/18/02 05:49 PM Re: Experts (Chris)
billvann Offline
Old Hand

Loc: NE Illinois, USA (42:19:08N 08...
>>>My friends write Genevieve now weighs 280lbs and runs a crawdad stand. <<<<br><br>And your point is ???? .... ;-)<br><br>Hmmm... Maybe I'll cook up a pot of Gumbo this week. I still have some sausage in the freezer<br>

#4277 - 02/19/02 12:06 AM Re: Experts (Chris)
peanut Offline
Journeyman

Funny - my wife never mentioned knowing you. Grins<br><br>Peanut

#4278 - 02/19/02 12:53 AM Re: Experts (Chris)
Chris Kavanaugh Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Peanut, pretty little thing, @ 90lbs wet, raven eyes and hair with a creole patois that would charm Spanish Moss off the trees? 10brothers, 28 male cousins and wanted me to fight her ex BFJean- Renee the savaat kick boxer? the chicken and pack of cigarettes I gave Mamma Tibidoux was a great investment! LOL

#4279 - 02/19/02 02:59 AM Re: Experts (Chris)
peanut Offline
Journeyman

We may not be safe, but we sure are interesting. Jerry Springer could have a whole new career down here. The reason we can't do double digits is because we learn to count on Momma's teeth or tooth. Actually my wife is from Tennessee, she taught me to count, I taught her to wear shoes. LOL<br><br>Peanut

#4280 - 02/19/02 03:44 AM Re: Experts (Chris)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Time is as solid as the seas. Be kind to those that have the gift to see through it- they keep you from being squished by a truck. Or Genevieve. :)<br><br>

#4281 - 02/19/02 05:53 PM Re: Experts
Anonymous
Unregistered

Remember Chris, the definitiion of "expert" is anyone who carries a briefcase, and lives more than 50 miles away. My colleagues from other counties and I take turns training each others officers. In the same way that no one is a hero to their wife or secretary, I guess no one is an expert in their own county.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 456 Guests and 71 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
03/27/24 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
03/27/24 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.