The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6
Topic Options
#40657 - 05/24/05 03:44 PM Re: TSA does whatever it wants to you
stevez Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Colorado
You're right, it's the love of money that is the root of all evil. And it's the love of money that seems to be the focus of so many lawyers. Unfortunately for your profession, it is those "bad apples" who have cast a dim light on the rest. There are many of us "non-lawyers" who have been biased with negativity and distrust of both lawyers and our legal system by the rediculous antics we see happening all around us. Get rid of the liars, crooks, swindlers and other miscreants who are bringing the profession down, and you'll probably see a reduction in the bashing from those of us on the outside, looking in.

On the positive side, I know a few lawyers who have gained my trust and respect. I'm sure that most would. And, you've got to admit, some of the jokes ARE funny - please tell me that you think some of the jokes are funny.

Please accept my apology if I offended you with previous comments. It's just that lawyers, in general, make such juicy targets.

As for keeping this thread on track, I agree. My digression ends here.

Steve

#40658 - 05/25/05 08:13 AM Re: TSA does whatever it wants to you
johnbaker Offline
old hand

Loc: USA
Steve,

Thank you very much for your apology. However, I did not find your posts offensive. Nor for that matter was it any single post that was offensive. The whole tenor of the thread had mutated from legitimate complaints about the TSA, to a discussion of the alleged need to harass, attack, and oppress by means of petty and greedy lawsuits filed by unscrupulous lawyers. Sure, the behavior of the woman was stupid and obnoxious, but she was properly put back in her place by her supervisor. I thought the idea of giving her a lady's SAK was downright inspired as well as hilarious.

As a lawyer, I despise petty and grasping litigiousness. I want to see it discouraged, not nurtured.
You're right that we have a lot of unethical lawyers, but they are enabled by equally unethical and greedy clients. Sometimes it's hard to tell which came first. But in any case, both are equally problematic.

I guess what really bothered me was the unnecessary intrusion of obsessive litigiousness into a forum focusing on survival issues. Actually, it sounds too much like work. :^} Also, a great feature of this forum is the overall civility maintained in it.

Incidentally I love good lawyer jokes.

Thanks for your graciousness,

John

#40659 - 05/26/05 06:01 PM Re: TSA does whatever it wants to you
stevez Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Colorado
John,

I seems like we're thinking along the same lines here. It is very refreshing to hear your views on some very ugly topics. I'm looking forward to hearing more from you - in other threads of course.

It's good to have you around.

Steve

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online
2 registered (Jeanette_Isabelle, NAro), 354 Guests and 88 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Jeanette_Isabelle
01:15 PM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
11:35 PM
Silver
by brandtb
04/16/24 10:32 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/16/24 03:13 PM
New York Earthquake
by chaosmagnet
04/09/24 12:27 PM
Bad review of a great backpack..
by Herman30
04/08/24 08:16 AM
Our adorable little earthquake
by Phaedrus
04/06/24 02:42 AM
Amanda Nenigar found dead
by Phaedrus
04/05/24 04:39 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.