Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Topic Options
#3869 - 01/30/02 08:46 PM Survival in the UK
Anonymous
Unregistered

Are there any British forum users out there?It would good to here from you and maybe swap stories, information and any good survival gear retailers in the UK.<br>Cheers<br>Simon

#3870 - 02/01/02 03:35 PM Re: Survival in the UK
Anonymous
Unregistered

hi simon! I'm british as well. great hear from a fellow countryman! <br>I don't know of that many good retailers myself but I'm starting to look. I wonder if you've been waching ray mears exstream survival? on bbc 2? thersdays at 8 theres only on more in this siers now but he's done a fare few so far so I exspect it wont stop there. check out www.raymears.com he is a bushcraft man through and through. he's been learning since he was a child a and he really knows his stuff. he has some books out as well.<br>-james

#3871 - 02/02/02 03:23 PM Re: Survival in the UK
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hiya James,<br>Yes i've been watching Ray Mears program on BBC 2 it's really good.He certainly knows his suff! What i find the most interesting is that he has learnt all the survival techniques without having a military background. I must have seen most of his programs even when he was doing a short piece each week for an outdoor program called "Tracks". Where do you practice your techniques? Where do you buy your equipment from? I buy most of mine from the various retailers in the Lake district near to where i live.<br>bye for now<br>Simon

#3872 - 02/03/02 05:19 PM Re: Survival in the UK
Anonymous
Unregistered

I practice my skills any where I can sometimes just in my back garden! I have an allotmant I do a bit of stuff there fire lighting for example. it's really herd finding places to do it and eaven herder finding enviroments that are any where near natral. my alotmant certinly isn't very! but I have to do it where ever I can get a chance. as for gear I gat that from the locdale camping shops I live in the south and there are a few camping shops most of them no where near adecuate . but there is a army surples stor and that has a faw bits of good gear.<br>I don't rember the ray mears prog "tracks" that well I wasn't really waching at the time and I don't reamember the first of the "world of survival" series that well. what was tracks like did he go out of the country like the rest or did he do it all here? <br>hope to here from you soon.<br>-james

#3873 - 02/06/02 01:50 PM Re: Survival in the UK
ratstr Offline
@

Loc: Dardanelles
Try: http://www.expeditionfoods.com<br><br>Brgds,<br>Brk<br>

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 324 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Using a Compass Without a Map
by KenK
02/28/24 12:22 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.