Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 3 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11 12 >
Topic Options
#37702 - 02/24/05 06:42 AM Re: what is your every day carry?
IanPorter Offline

Loc: Missouri
Craig
It’s a hollow one made of aluminum about 5.5” long that I picked up at a gun show. The inside is large enough to carry 4 strike anywhere matches, a fishing kit (20’of 10lb spider wire, 3 BB size sinkers 3 small hooks and 2 dry flies), 60 feet of 50lb spider wire, 12 aquapotable tabs, a small chemical light stick, a spark stick, some pre ground magnesium, cotton soaked in Vaseline, $20 bill, 4” of duct tape and a piece of paper with important numbers on it. The individual items are sealed in sections of drinking straws. The duct tape is placed on a piece of label backing and wrapped around the sections of straws. It took a lot of trial and error but it all fits.

Ian

#37703 - 02/24/05 09:24 PM Re: what is your every day carry?
Hutch4545 Offline
dedicated member

My usual EDC:

- Chris Reeve Sebenza or Benchmade RSK Mk1
- Victorinox Swiss Tool
- Motorola V551 Quad-band International Phone
- Windmill Lighter
- Photon II (white) & modified mini Fox 40
- Keyring with Leatherman S4 and Photon II (red)
- County Comm Titanium Money Clip
- Leather Wallet with Credit Cards, Identification etc.
- Bandanna

I usually have my sunglasses and a 32 ounce (1000 ml) Nalgene with Gookinaid Hydralyte:

Sebenza and Benchmade RSK Mk1:

I supplement my gear as needed with:

- FAK
- Surefire 6P
- PSK
- etc, etc.

And I also keep handy, a Maxpedition Thermite Versipack that contains:

- Tacoma Mountain Rescue Storm Shelter
- Adventure Medical Kits Pocket Survival Pak
- Storm Emergency Whistle
- Cammenga Tritium Compass
- Four Seasons Survival Spark-Lite Kit
- Doan USGI Firestarter
- NATO Lifeboat Matches
- Potable Aqua tablets
- DMT Diamond Mini-Sharp sharpener
- Surefire 6P
- Conney Safety Products First Aid Kit (modified)
- Sawyer Extractor Kit

#37704 - 03/01/05 01:51 AM Re: what is your every day carry?
reconcowboy Offline

Loc: Ohio
This is my first reply. Seeing this post made me sign up. I am a 37 year old former US Marine. I walk everywhere, and I mean everywhere. I have never had a license and will never get one. My everyday carry is quite extensive. I have a Randall Airman #15, a Kershaw Leek knife, Buck 110, a PSK in an Altoids tin(that is way too extensive too list right now), Lansky Crock Stick sharpener, several lighters, 100 waterproof matches, juice pouches X 4, headlamp, mini maglight, longjohns, grip-ons(for ice), heat packs, bandana, extra socks, underwear, boot laces, Altoids tin filled with bandages, leatherman PST II, 100' paracord, cellular phone, phonecard, $10 in quarters and $100 in bills in a Witz Box, Headache meds, Valium, poncho for the rain, 2 garbage bags, signal mirror, leather gloves. Basically I carry a 72 hour kit everywhere.

#37705 - 03/01/05 02:16 AM Re: what is your every day carry?
SheepDog Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Wild Wonderful WV
Hey welcome aboard!! You’re the only other one I can remember reading about on this board that carries ice-walking equipment. I'm using Yaktraxs for my winter mobility. Guess something that good is bound to get out sooner or later.

#37706 - 03/01/05 03:23 AM Re: what is your every day carry?
reconcowboy Offline

Loc: Ohio
I wore out two sets of Yak in a couple of months so I went with Grab-ons.

#37707 - 03/01/05 03:49 AM Re: what is your every day carry?
Paul810 Offline
Veteran

Loc: NJ, USA
I have a set of Yaks too, I tend to keep them in my truck though.

#37708 - 03/01/05 03:51 AM Re: what is your every day carry?
widget Offline
Addict

Gee, not much I guess! I carry a SAK Rambler tiny knife, a cell phone, Zippo, Omega Seamaster. wallet with money and various cards, keys, a P-38, a comb, a Fisher Space Pen, Astronaut model, and a chapstick. Clothes suitable for the weather. It is a big city and I have only been stuck on the road once and wished for some cold water! I now carry water in the car during the commutes. That is it folks.

#37709 - 03/02/05 12:13 AM Re: what is your every day carry?
SheepDog Offline
Enthusiast

Yea I did not think that they would wear like “iron” but we get only a moderate amount of snow and ice here. I got the heavy duty ones in hopes that they would wear a little better than the regular ones. I used them the end of last year and all of this year so far but since we have had a light winter (until this week any way) I’ve probably put only 20 miles or so on them. They are compact and fairly light to carry so they work for me at least so far.

#37710 - 03/02/05 12:23 AM Re: what is your every day carry?
SheepDog Offline
Enthusiast

My truck stays at home since we have nice walking trails and bad parking here. This area was not designed with a truck this size in mind (If you don’t like the way I drive stay off the sidewalks) so the Yaks stay in my pack and even though this country boy got dragged into town for a little while I still get to walk through the woods every day even though it must be without my rifle while I’m here.

#37711 - 03/02/05 03:35 AM Re: what is your every day carry?
Hghvlocity Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Oklahoma
Although I am an avid backpacker and hunter, I just really got into the notion of EDC..so I am a bit limited and the quality may not be up to the standard that others have recommended, but I am working on it and Rome wasn't built in a day.

Cell phone
Buck Rush - slim since I have to wear slacks..Banker
10' Paracord - Bracelet, I'm sure some of you have seen my first post regarding this
Leatherman Mini
Inova Light
P-38 Can opener

The briefcase carries a few other things..trashbag, first-aid, gloves, extra knife, water bottle, power bar..you get the idea.

This is an awesome forum..I have learned alot.

Page 3 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11 12 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 178 Guests and 48 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Silver
by brandtb
28 minutes 12 seconds ago
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
Today at 03:13 PM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by Ren
Yesterday at 06:35 PM
New York Earthquake
by chaosmagnet
04/09/24 12:27 PM
Bad review of a great backpack..
by Herman30
04/08/24 08:16 AM
Our adorable little earthquake
by Phaedrus
04/06/24 02:42 AM
Amanda Nenigar found dead
by Phaedrus
04/05/24 04:39 AM
Any shortages where you are?
by adam2
04/04/24 04:19 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.