Hello, -and Welcome to the World of GPS! I've recently come across a Garmin III +, -and have gotten some GPS Fever as well! So its Not Yet as a Veteran, Expert, or anything that I Welcome you! As a Newbie here, -I can say the same of myself!

Now for a few Nuts and Bolts on the Topic, -as raised in this Thread.

In addition to the Fine Sites and other Info Sources as you mention, -I Recommend that you Check Out the Survival and Outdoors Subsection, -of the Sports Section, -of your typical Quality Barnes and Noble, or Borders Bookstores. You'll likely find at least several, Good Quality Books on both GPS and Geocacheing, -therein! As well as Others on the Important Allied Fields of Compassing, and etc. Concerning GPS, -one written by a guy named Fergusen, -is one of the Best! But there are also Good, Great, Others. I Advise that this Great, Commonly Available, Information Resource, -Not be neglected!!

Now as to Brangdon's Comment, -about keeping it in a Rucksack, -though still connected with your phone, -I'd like to Remind that a GPS needs a Clear, UN-Obstructed View, -of the Sky and Satellites! I think that the Unit's remaining in a Rucksack, or other Container, -could well Interfere with that Capability! If Tree Leaf Cover can so Interfere!, -then I certainly think that this can as well!

Again, -Welcome to the Great New World of GPS!

Even as also a Newbie here, -I think I'm finding myself Partial to Garmin. Though Magellan and some Others, -I'm Sure have a Lot to be said for them, -as well! [color:"black"] [/color] [email]Burncycle[/email]

Edited by ScottRezaLogan (03/07/05 07:13 PM)