Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Topic Options
#34818 - 12/02/04 07:43 PM Re: Adding Sections?
Anonymous
Unregistered

After reading about the first 10 posts I have to agree with John Baker and his wandering of topics argument. Take this thread for example: what started off as a question in reference to adding additional sections turned into a discussion on if items should be bought and sold on this site.

While I've seen several good ideas come from the brainstorming sessions it usually takes some time to get an answer to the original question, if at all. Having read this site for some time but being a new logon I will leave it to those who have been here longer to decide.

Thanks

#34819 - 12/02/04 10:02 PM Re: Adding Sections?
brian Offline
Veteran

Loc: Texas
Quote:
And maybe reflect, just for a few moments, that Doug himself started this thread, and presumably will want to mine it for feedback on his question?

Frankly, I'm embarrassed
/Agree

#34820 - 12/05/04 04:33 PM Re: Thanks
Doug_Ritter Offline

Pooh-Bah

Thanks for all your input. My plans are to add a few sections, based in large part on your suggestions and concerns, probably shortly after the new year. We are waiting for some firewall and software upgrades to be completed, hopefully in the next few weeks.
Chairman & Executive Director
Equipped To Survive Foundation
www.KnifeRights.org
www.DougRitter.com

#34821 - 12/08/04 06:50 PM Re: Adding Sections?
Craig Offline

Loc: Collegeville, PA, USA
How about a section called "Lost and Found"?

Firstly, this would offer hints, tips, suggestions, etc., on how to not get lost in the first place. Secondly, if you manage to get lost anyway (who, me?), some advice on how to make sure you get found as quickly as possible. This would also encompass how to determine whether you are, indeed, truly lost and in need of professional "finding," or if you can dork around and figure a way out by yourself.

-- Craig

#34822 - 12/10/04 03:51 AM Re: Adding Sections?
MartinFocazio Offline

Pooh-Bah

Loc: Bucks County PA
I'd agree that it's a bit big.

I'd suggest a doubling of size to 6 sections:
1) Scenarios, Stories and Strategies and Tactics - Stories and Questions about survival situations
2) Gear and Gizmos - Q&A and such about survival equipment
3) My Kits - Pictures and Discussion of PSK/FAK and other kits people build
4) Lendign Libary
5) Around the Campfire - General discussion of non-survival stuff.
6) Administrative Announcements from ETS

#34823 - 12/11/04 11:24 AM Re: Adding Sections?
paulr Offline
Addict

I don't think more sections are needed. take a look at www.candlepowerforums.com (flashlight forum) sometime. It's about 100 times as busy as this place and holds up ok most of the time. Yes it has more sections, but any of its busier sections get more traffic than this whole board put together. So it's not too hard to keep up here.

CPF also has a BST section that does fine just letting members sell stuff to each other. Commercial sellers are supposed to pay a monthly fee to the site and everyone else can sell stuff for free. Yeah, occasionally some scammer shows up, but for the most part it's not a problem, and the worse of them get run off pretty fast. What's left is the regulars selling each other stuff, which leads to a culture of experimentation, i.e. people are willing to buy a new light and try it out, knowing that if they don't like it, they can unload it on BST and get back most of what they paid for it.

I'm not saying this board needs a BST, but the problems imagined for it are probably exaggerated.

#34824 - 12/11/04 09:22 PM Re: Adding Sections?
brian Offline
Veteran

Loc: Texas
BF is kinda similar except they make anyone pay to sell and buying it free

Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 444 Guests and 14 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Zippo Butane Inserts
by NAro
Today at 11:57 AM
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
03/27/24 11:21 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.