Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 7 of 10 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 >
Topic Options
#33326 - 01/08/05 12:35 PM Re: Snow Walker, 2 more books?
DennisTheMenace Offline

Loc: Omaha, Nebraska
Schwert,

I don't know who might be 'next in line', but I would like to get in line at the end. Snow Walker sounds like a fascinating movie, and I haven't been able to find it at my local Blockbuster or on NetFlix.

I've updated my profile to include my email address so I can be easily contacted. Although I don't post much here I generally look for posts of interest daily.

aardwolfe,

Thank you for making the movie available to the members of the forum. I promise to take care of it and keep it moving.

Dennis

#33327 - 01/08/05 02:46 PM Re: Snow Walker, 2 more books?
GoatRider Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Maple Grove, MN
Dennis, you should take your email address off your profile. It's reachable by email-harvesting bots, and your spam level will increase. Most forums can be set up to email you when you get a private message, so that's what we usually use.

#33328 - 01/09/05 02:24 AM Re: Snow Walker, 2 more books?
DennisTheMenace Offline

Loc: Omaha, Nebraska
Goatrider,

I'm not sure my spam level _can_ increase. :P

Still, it's better to not risk it. I've taken my email address out of my profile and made certain I'm setup to receive email alerts for private messages.

Thanks for the warning.

Dennis

#33329 - 01/09/05 04:00 AM Re: Snow Walker, 2 more books?
GoatRider Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Maple Grove, MN
Quote:
I'm not sure my spam level _can_ increase. :P

You'd be surprised, Dennis. I've heard some columnists and bloggers, who have to have their email address in the open, complain about hundreds of spams a day. I've been very careful with my email addess, and I usually only get about 10 to 20 a day. I had a little bit of a bump shortly after my cousin gave my email address to eVite when setting up our secret santa a year ago, but it went back down again.

Maybe you've been careless on other online forums in the same way. One way to check is to google for your email address. Usually, you can have the forum moderators delete your email address from their archives. Spammers prefer fresh email addresses, so if you stamp it out everywhere, your spam will start to show a decrease within a month.

#33330 - 01/11/05 01:32 AM Re: Snow Walker, 2 more books?
Schwert Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Seattle, Washington
Dennis, please PM your address. I think you are next and last on the list.

We had snow this Sunday and we spent the whole day playing in it with the neighbors and a zillion kids. I did not have a chance to watch this but I will have it done by next week.

Thanks

#33331 - 01/11/05 08:18 AM Re: The Snow Walker (DVD)
johnbaker Offline
old hand

Loc: USA
Aardwolfe,

Hi!

You know, I think it really did help them to understand why we worry about survival before problems occur. When we suddenly confront a danger, we may not have the time and other resources needed to save ourselves. Surviving requires advance preparation. It simply takes a lot of time to try to predict the likely problems, plan how to surmount them, learn the knowledge and techniques to overcome threats, get the tools needed to accomplish survival tasks, and finally develop the skills and mindset required in survival situations.

The movie illustrated what can happen to someone who is unprepared to take care of basic survival needs which were totally foreseeable. But for the pilot's fluke transporting of an ill but well-prepared passenger, he would have been totally bereft of virtually everything necessary to survive his remote plane crash.

My kids and wife saw graphically the starkly different outcomes in an emergency depending on the level of preparedness or lack thereof.

Again, thanks for sharing the movie with all of us.

John

#33332 - 01/11/05 09:03 PM Re: Snow Walker, 2 more books?
Brome_McCreary Offline
Stranger

Loc: Albany, Oregon
Hey all,
Well, you don't konw me from Adam, but I would love to check out this film.
I have read about it, but it isn't offered at my local store.
I actually haven't posted before, but check in pretty regularly and have been "using" the site for years. A great weatlh of info here.
So if you can trust me, I would enjoy checking it out...
Maybe, someday, when I get the chance I will pull some of the survival/outdoor books off my shelves and throw them into the pot for others, and return the favor. My son keeps me pretty busy, though...
Thanks,
Brome

"...and my heart soars."

#33333 - 01/11/05 09:06 PM Re: Snow Walker, 2 more books?
aardwolfe Offline
Old Hand

Loc: St. John's, Newfoundland
It's okay with me.

#33334 - 01/17/05 09:18 PM Re: Snow Walker, 2 more books?
Schwert Offline
Old Hand

Dennis,

Box is packed and ready to post. Today is a holiday, so I will mail it off tomorrow.

Excellent show BTW. The Making of the Movie piece was very good too. Thanks Aardwolf.

#33335 - 01/19/05 12:50 AM Re: Snow Walker, 2 more books?
Schwert Offline
Old Hand

Package went out to Dennis today. Should arrive by Friday.

Great DVD.

Randy

Page 7 of 10 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 >

Moderator:  Blast 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 324 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Using a Compass Without a Map
by KenK
02/28/24 12:22 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.