Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#30546 - 08/22/04 04:42 AM Re: ambulances use in terror-Get a grip people!
norad45 Offline
Veteran

"Terrorists generally are people who feel they are powerless to change the status quo in any other way. "

Think about that for a minute.

In other words, their ideas are so worthless and bereft of the power to influence others that they have to resort to mass murder to get attention? Is that supposed to make us feel guilty? I'm sorry, but the Al-Queda types can either express themselves the way the rest of us do (i.e.: peacefully and democratically) or they can be exterminated.

Just like the Nazis.

And good riddance.

Vince

#30547 - 08/22/04 05:11 AM Re: ambulances use in terror-Get a grip people!
bountyhunter Offline

Loc: Milwaukee, WI USA
norad45:

If we had watched that good white American born excellent soldier Timothy McVeigh a little more closely, the atrocity he committed might have been avoided.

There are people in many countries who want to live in the United States for a better life. Just because their countries are on a list of "Unfriendlys" does not mean the individuals are anti-American. We have born-in-America types of all races that are worse for our country than their foriegn born contemporarys. Judge the act, not the heritage.

Knives of 3" or less should be mandatory on all air flights the world over. The bad guys will get around security because they look for ways. The good guys end up naked except for their fists and larger numbers per flight.

Bountyhunter

#30548 - 08/22/04 05:13 AM Re: ambulances use in terror-Get a grip people!
bountyhunter Offline

Aardwolfe:

You said it better than I did.

Ditto.

Bountyhunter

#30549 - 08/22/04 05:20 AM Re: ambulances use in terror-Get a grip people!
bountyhunter Offline

Norad45:

Nazism is not extinct, it has just taken a different route and is being used to one degree or another by many "Democratic" governments. Just as the Nazi's changed the laws slowly until they felt safe in their strength, so will governments that use their stratagies.

You do not have to be German to be a facist, and you do not have to call your organization Nazi's to be one.

Bountyhunter

#30550 - 08/22/04 05:31 AM Re: ambulances use in terror-Get a grip people!
bountyhunter Offline

Norad45:

While we may be considered "Ugly Americans" by many peoples and some nations, we are not in so much danger that we need an organization like the TSA, or the restrictions of the Patriot Act, because laws to protect our nation were very comprehensive before 9/11.

In my vaulted opinion (No ego problems here.) most of this Homeland Security crap is a smoke screen for the benefits the average American citizen is losing in order to shore up the rich. It is designed to keep us from thinking about the shortcomings of our elected officials, the skewed taxing of the lower wage earner, and the outsourcing of jobs so that some rich jerks can die with more toys than other rich jerks.

Bountyhunter

#30551 - 08/22/04 12:27 PM Re: ambulances use in terror-Get a grip people!
norad45 Offline
Veteran

“If we had watched that good white American born excellent soldier Timothy McVeigh a little more closely, the atrocity he committed might have been avoided.”

The atrocity he committed was uniquely his own, unless you buy into the middle-eastern connection theory with him. I do not. At any rate, there have been no more McVeighs in the last 10 years which leads me to believe he was an aberration. Can you say the same about Al-Queda?

“Judge the act, not the heritage.”

No, judge the passport.

“Nazism is not extinct, it has just taken a different route...”

In 1941 the Nazis were the most dominant power on earth. They controlled Europe from the Atlantic all the way to the Urals. They seemed unbeatable. Now they are an afterthought. True, there are a few PHRASECENSOREDPOSTERSHOULDKNOWBETTER. totalitarian governments on the planet and even a few PHRASECENSOREDPOSTERSHOULDKNOWBETTER. ones, but name me ONE based on National PHRASECENSOREDPOSTERSHOULDKNOWBETTER. philosophy.

I’ve just finished an excellent book “Bodyguard of Lies” by Anthony Cave Brown. Among other things it details the extraordinary security measures that were undertaken by the (mostly British) Allied secret services prior and up to the Normandy landings. I’m sure the German nationals who were interned during those years in Britain thought their rights were violated also. Yet today there is a free Britain who did not fall into dictatorship and instead saw the defeat of the Nazis.

“Knives of 3" or less should be mandatory on all air flights the world over. The bad guys will get around security because they look for ways. The good guys end up naked except for their fists and larger numbers per flight.”

Do you mean these knives should be carried by passengers or only by the crew? If you mean passengers then I agree, except I don’t believe it should be mandatory. It would be a funny scene though: the TSA refusing an elderly lady the chance to board her flight because she left her knife at home!
Regards, Vince

#30552 - 08/22/04 04:09 PM Re: ambulances use in terror-Get a grip people!
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have felt (for years before 9/11) that there should be a Federal conceiled carry permit that would allow a private citizen (after an extensive test/background check, of course) to carry weapons of their choice anywhere they choose inside our borders, regardless of state laws, but Fat Chance of that ever happening. Psychos in fast food joints and terrorists on domestic flights wouldn't have ANY chance of killing many innocent bystanders if every fifth or sixth person in this country were trained and licensed to take out the "rabid dogs" that seem to be such a problem today. For those who would say that that's what the Police are for...WAKE UP!!!, they can't be everywhere and are seldom where they need to be, and I don't think anybody wants to pay the taxes it would cost to HAVE them everywhere they need to be.

Sorry for the rant, but I had to get that off my chest.

Troy

#30553 - 08/22/04 04:16 PM Re: ambulances use in terror-Get a grip people!
rbruce Offline

Loc: California
Wildcard,
I absolutely agree with you on a national CCW law. I recently read somewhere that there is a bill in work that would allow retired police officers to carry concealed weapons nationwide. IIRC. That would be a good start to allowing all citizens that same right.

Robert

#30554 - 08/22/04 04:27 PM Re: ambulances use in terror-Get a grip people!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey Vince,
The only problem is that the Nazis, Soviets, or Chicoms are the only ones that would "get the job done" and exterminate the problem... don't get me wrong, I agree that extermination IS the answer, but if you're going to use the "final" solution, you have to ask yourself... will I be able to look at myself in the mirror in the morning? If my acts would spare my family/friends/allies pain and suffering, YES I could, and with a smile on my face. I'll appologise ahead of time for anyone that this may offend, but that IS the way I feel. If anybody has any thoughts that may mellow this conviction, I'll be happy to read them ( I've never been too stubborn to learn), but it'll take more than the standard "Oh, those poor people, we need to help them understand the error of their ways" arguement to do any good.

Troy

#30555 - 08/22/04 04:30 PM Re: ambulances use in terror-Get a grip people!
Anonymous
Unregistered

VERY wise words friend, I agree.

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 324 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Using a Compass Without a Map
by KenK
02/28/24 12:22 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.