Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 6 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#300823 - 03/17/22 02:03 AM Re: We're Moving Back to Texas [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Jeanette_Isabelle Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Nacogdoches, Texas
I have not heard any details, but the date the buyer is supposed to sign has been moved from today to Friday.

Jeanette Isabelle

#300824 - 03/17/22 09:33 AM Re: We're Moving Back to Texas [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Phaedrus Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Big Sky Country
Hopefully there are no more issues!

#300898 - 03/31/22 11:53 PM Re: We're Moving Back to Texas [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Carpal Tunnel

The sale of the Florida house fell apart. We put it on the market again and got a new contract. Meanwhile, we're temporarily living in Conroe as the completion of our house has been pushed back a month. The reason given is because of supply chain issues. In one way, the delay worked in our favor since the first sale in Florida fell apart. However, since the completion day has been pushed back before, who's to say the builder won't push it back into infinity? We could be in limbo for who knows how long.

I stayed in the timeshare as Mom went back to Navasota today. Our house was in the process of being bricked, and Mom talked with the foreman. The foreman said they were able to meet the second completion date.

Jeanette Isabelle

#300899 - 04/01/22 12:18 AM Re: We're Moving Back to Texas [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Phaedrus Offline
Carpal Tunnel

That sucks but it's really a seller's market right now and I'm sure she'll get a buyer!

#300903 - 04/01/22 01:15 AM Re: We're Moving Back to Texas [Re: Phaedrus]
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: Phaedrus
That sucks but it's really a seller's market right now and I'm sure she'll get a buyer!

I did say, "We put it on the market again and got a new contract." That contract is contingent on the new buyer selling their house.

Jeanette Isabelle

#300904 - 04/01/22 01:30 AM Re: We're Moving Back to Texas [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Phaedrus Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Hopefully the new contract works out fine, I just meant that no matter what I expect she'll get it sold. Hopefully it's smooth sailing from here out! grin

#300906 - 04/01/22 06:37 AM Re: We're Moving Back to Texas [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Chisel Offline
Veteran

I hope everything goes OK

Life is always unpredictable. Never goes in a straight line

We had somewhat a similar plan. Not selling house and buying another but building another house in another town then remodelling our current house. A number of factors complicated and delayed building the 2nd house, so we decided to start remodelling the current house first, and when done, we can go back to assess the situation with the second house. As it seems, this plan has a number of advantages, and will be less stressful. So you never know what's best.

#300974 - 04/20/22 02:11 PM Re: We're Moving Back to Texas [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Carpal Tunnel

The builder pushed the Navasota house completion date back a second time, making it two months late, assuming the builder would not move the goalposts further. Not knowing when the builder would complete our house, Mom began looking elsewhere.

Yesterday we found a charming, older home we both like in Nacogdoches, Tx, and it's a couple of blocks from a bus line. Moreover, we fell in love with the small city, the oldest town in Texas. Except for the eight years in Florida, I've lived in Texas since I was born, and I knew nothing about this gem and its rich history other than it was a dot on the map.

Mom will make an offer today, and, given it has been on the market for five months, I have a reason to believe she and the seller can reach a deal.

Jeanette Isabelle

#300975 - 04/20/22 08:45 PM Re: We're Moving Back to Texas [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Phaedrus Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Good luck! That sounds ideal.

#300979 - 04/22/22 07:42 PM Re: We're Moving Back to Texas [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Carpal Tunnel

After more than twenty-four hours of not hearing from the seller since the time Mom made an offer, Mom went back to looking at houses in Nacogdoches and found one that had just gone on the market. Mom scheduled a time to meet with the realtor at that house.

When we arrived, the realtor told Mom that the seller of the older home had accepted Mom's offer. Since we were there at the newer house, why not tour the place. The older home has some cons. I'm not so in love with the older home that I'm blind to that reality.

Mom liked the newer house, and I admit that it has some sellable features.

After seeing the newer house, mom and I had lunch at my favorite fast-food chain, Dairy Queen. She knew how I felt about the older home. Objectively, we discussed the pros and cons of both places, and we decided on the house built in '68.

Mom called the realtor and told her of our decision. Mom wrote a check out to the title company, and if there are no more snafus, we'll be in our permanent home in three weeks.

Jeanette Isabelle

https://app.photobucket.com/u/Jeanette_Isabelle/a/85a47195-6ea4-4198-bc97-12801ac99899

Page 6 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
1 registered (SRMC), 332 Guests and 70 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Using a Compass Without a Map
by KenK
02/28/24 12:22 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.