Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#300715 - 02/14/22 05:08 PM Re: We're Moving Back to Texas [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Herman30 Offline
Addict

Loc: Finland
Originally Posted By: Jeanette_Isabelle

If Huston (the nearest major city) gets hit by a nuke, we'll be far enough away where we'll be safe.

Not quite, if they drop the Tzar Bomb (50megaton).

Quote:
The heat from the explosion could have caused third-degree burns 100 km (62 mi) away from ground zero.

Edited by Herman30 (02/14/22 05:09 PM)

#300716 - 02/14/22 10:00 PM Re: We're Moving Back to Texas [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Jeanette_Isabelle Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Nacogdoches, Texas
The home inspector came today. We won't see the full report until tomorrow, but there's nothing major. There're a couple of broken sprinkler heads and other minor stuff like that.

We'll fly to Huston Wednesday and fly back the following Monday to see the houses, neighborhoods, and towns to determine what we'll be happy with.

Jeanette Isabelle

#300719 - 02/15/22 05:11 AM Re: We're Moving Back to Texas [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Herman30 Offline
Addict

Loc: Finland
I took a look at Navasota via Google street view. A nice looking town.

#300720 - 02/15/22 07:29 AM Re: We're Moving Back to Texas [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Phaedrus Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Big Sky Country
At first blush it looks a lot better than FL! I'd be pretty skeeved out being in a coastal state where the highest spot was 345 feet! eek

#300721 - 02/15/22 01:30 PM Re: We're Moving Back to Texas [Re: Phaedrus]
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: Phaedrus
At first blush it looks a lot better than FL! I'd be pretty skeeved out being in a coastal state where the highest spot was 345 feet! eek

Here, we're 92' above sea level.

I mentioned many times that we had lived in Dallas, but more specifically, we lived in the Cedar Mountains, located in the outskirts. Those mountains are hills, just shy of 1,000' above sea level.

According to Wikipedia, Navasota has an elevation of 217'.

Though I have a good feeling about the neighborhood I linked, Mom wants to check out everything from Navasota to Bryan along the State Highway 6 corridor. Would we be happier with the convenience of living in the Bryan - College Station metropolitan area or the small-town feel of Navasota?

Jeanette Isabelle

#300729 - 02/18/22 08:59 PM Re: We're Moving Back to Texas [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Carpal Tunnel

We got the report, and the Florida house only needs one repair. Unless something catastrophic happens, we have to be out by March 14.

Today Mom signed a contract on the house in Navasota, currently under construction, ready to be moved in on the first week of April. Now we're figuring out where to stay a few weeks.

Jeanette Isabelle

#300730 - 02/18/22 09:03 PM Re: We're Moving Back to Texas [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Phaedrus Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Big Sky Country
Nice! Sounds like you're in good shape with the move.

#300736 - 02/19/22 03:40 PM Re: We're Moving Back to Texas [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Carpal Tunnel

I changed my geographic location to "Moving to Navasota, Tx."

Jeanette Isabelle

#300737 - 02/19/22 07:27 PM Re: We're Moving Back to Texas [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Carpal Tunnel

We're moving to this part of Texas because my sister and brother-in-law bought a house in Bryan. However, they won't move right away because it would mean taking my nephew out of school.

This morning we talked with my brother-in-law, and he's letting us use their house until ours is complete.

Jeanette Isabelle

#300738 - 02/19/22 08:45 PM Re: We're Moving Back to Texas [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Carpal Tunnel

Navasota is a historic, well-preserved town. Though it's small, with a population of around 8,000, it has a lot going for it, and it's growing. The following videos provide helpful information.

https://youtu.be/glRKDhGXjfQ
https://youtu.be/t9-zIF4XeoU

Jeanette Isabelle

Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 453 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Zippo Butane Inserts
by NAro
Today at 11:57 AM
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
03/27/24 11:21 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.