The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#300637 - 01/26/22 05:22 PM We're Moving Back to Texas
Jeanette_Isabelle Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Nacogdoches, Texas
Two years ago, I said we were moving out of Florida. That plan never came to fruition.

We're at it again, and I didn't want to say anything this time until it looked more likely. Unless there's a snafu, which is possible, we're moving. Mom and I are in the process of getting the house ready. Mom contacted a couple of moving companies, and a realtor will be coming over tomorrow afternoon. Mom wanted to put the house on the market by February 1; now, it does not look like we will meet that date.

Jeanette Isabelle

#300639 - 01/26/22 06:04 PM Re: We're Moving Back to Texas [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Herman30 Offline
Addict

Loc: Finland
Any reason you would like to share about why you move?

#300640 - 01/26/22 06:12 PM Re: We're Moving Back to Texas [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Phaedrus Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Big Sky Country
Hopefully it will be a good move for your both!

#300642 - 01/26/22 07:26 PM Re: We're Moving Back to Texas [Re: Herman30]
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: Herman30
Any reason you would like to share about why you move?

Here in Florida, we're a long way from family. That's not good during these times we live in. What sparked the idea of moving this time is our only close friends are moving back to their family. We don't have anything anchoring us to Florida.

Jeanette Isabelle

#300644 - 01/26/22 10:20 PM Re: We're Moving Back to Texas [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
chaosmagnet Offline
Sheriff
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: USA
I wish you the best in your move!

#300654 - 01/28/22 01:39 PM Re: We're Moving Back to Texas [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Carpal Tunnel

Yesterday afternoon a realtor came to tour the house and discuss plans. Two moving companies are coming over next week, one Tuesday morning the other Wednesday morning, to give estimates.

Jeanette Isabelle

#300656 - 01/29/22 05:25 PM Re: We're Moving Back to Texas [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Carpal Tunnel

A photographer will be coming over Tuesday at noon to photograph the house. We'll put the house on the market Thursday, the third, only two days behind schedule.

Jeanette Isabelle

#300664 - 02/04/22 03:46 PM Re: We're Moving Back to Texas [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Blast Offline
INTERCEPTOR
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: TX
Welcome to Texas!
-Blast
Radio Call Sign: KI5BOG
*As an Amazon Influencer, I may earn a sales commission on Amazon links in my posts.

#300669 - 02/04/22 10:31 PM Re: We're Moving Back to Texas [Re: Blast]
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: Blast
Welcome to Texas!

Don't you mean welcome back to Texas?

We put our house on the market yesterday. There were two showings today, and there will be another one tomorrow morning.

In the meantime, we're looking online for potential places to live. We were looking in the Bryan - College Station metropolitan area, which is still possible. Today, Navasota (twenty-two miles south of College Station) is looking more probable.

Jeanette Isabelle

#300673 - 02/06/22 05:25 PM Re: We're Moving Back to Texas [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Carpal Tunnel

If you're showing your house before you move, have your EDC bag ready and refilled at all times. Yesterday we had back-to-back showings, meaning we were gone one hour. Mom spilled her coffee in that hour, to which I responded with a washcloth.

Later after I retrieved a Kleenex for myself, Mom asked if I had another one. I replied, "Since when do I not have Kleenex with me."

As usual, I have bottled water in addition to my EDC bag. Since Mom spilled her coffee, she didn't have anything to drink. Referring to my bottled water, she asked if I had another.

As I reached for my EDC bag, she stated, "Why do I have to ask?"

I retrieved my spare bottled water from my bag and stated, "I'm Mary Poppins."

With these showings, sometimes with short notices, all I have to do is grab my EDC bag, jacket, and bottled water. Sometimes I'm putting my jacket on as we walk to the car.

Jeanette Isabelle

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 324 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Using a Compass Without a Map
by KenK
02/28/24 12:22 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.