Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 ... 14 15 >
Topic Options
#297169 - 10/01/20 10:23 PM Any shortages where you are?
TeacherRO Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Here in the midwest we have tp, but signs limiting each customer to one.

#297173 - 10/01/20 11:01 PM Re: Any shortages where you are? [Re: TeacherRO]
Blast Offline
INTERCEPTOR
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: TX
On the manufacturing side, it took six weeks but I think I finally found the last 1000 amber glass bottles left on the planet. My company has been hit by all sorts of supply chain issues on raw materials, labels, and even cardboard shipping boxes.

On the groceries side, Hot Pockets and Chile Lime Shrimp Ramen Noodles no longer seem to exist. SPAM is very hit-or-miss. Ammo is completely gone other than some 3" 410 #7 shot. cry
-Blast
Radio Call Sign: KI5BOG
*As an Amazon Influencer, I may earn a sales commission on Amazon links in my posts.

#297178 - 10/02/20 05:44 AM Re: Any shortages where you are? [Re: TeacherRO]
Phaedrus Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Big Sky Country
Weirdly my local Albertson's has virtually no paper towels again (although TP is in full supply). No real shortages that I've noted except Lysol disinfecting wipes which I might not see again for another year. Plenty of hand sanitizer although you maybe can't be picky.

Ammo is virtually unobtainable in 9mm or 5.56 NATO. The LGS has no shotgun ammo in stock except 16ga. Fortunately I have an adequate supply for the firearms I rely one for CCW, HD and hiking/camping.

#297182 - 10/02/20 02:15 PM Re: Any shortages where you are? [Re: Phaedrus]
Doug_Ritter Offline

Pooh-Bah

At least at Costco, no shortage of the basics. Some specialty foods are spotty. Have one week, not there a few weeks later. Plenty of decent quality hand sanitizer, wipes are on and off.

Local Safeway supermarket is still short on some canned goods like soups and such. Plenty of TP and Paper Towels, as long as you are not too choosy. OK on disinfecting cleaners. Wipes most of the time. No cookie shortage, very critical.

Ammo in any common caliber not to be found on shelves. Most FFLs hold for their best customers. Can still be found online if you are willing to pay, although perhaps not your preferred brand or model www.ammoseek.com seems to work well for my friends who didn't stock up or have purchased their first firearm.
Chairman & Executive Director
Equipped To Survive Foundation
www.KnifeRights.org
www.DougRitter.com

#297183 - 10/02/20 02:31 PM Re: Any shortages where you are? [Re: TeacherRO]
chaosmagnet Offline
Sheriff
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: USA
As of this week, our preferred brand of of bathroom tickets is available in large packages at a good price, limit 1 per customer. Our preferred brand of hand sanitizer is totally unobtainable, but other brands that seem just fine to us are easily found. Nitrile gloves went from almost impossible to get anywhere to the bargain-bin of the local pharmacy.

The club I belong to put in a multiple-pallet group buy of 9mm and 5.56mm ammo about a week before the ammo shortages started, slated to arrive in the next couple weeks. Assuming that we get the delivery, I'll end 2020 roughly even on ammo stocks, despite having significantly ramped up both formal training and practice sessions.

Availability issues and huge cost increases for beef and pork at the grocery and butcher seem to have ended.

#297184 - 10/02/20 02:31 PM Re: Any shortages where you are? [Re: TeacherRO]
pforeman Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Iowa
In the Des Moines area of Iowa it is sort of "normal" right now but there are some weird shortfalls - I'm blaming it on the supply chain and vendors when I see it.

An example: The Delightful Mrs. drinks Gatorade sports drink as the Dr. wanted her to improve her electrolyte levels and this works. However, she likes the Orange G2 or low sugar version which the regular grocery stores have not had on the shelf for the last several weeks. I started checking on-line and calling around the whole area to see if any was to be had and found that Menards (the home improvement big-box store) was the only place it was to be had. We went around town last night to several of them and snapped up the last 18 packages in town.

When I was checking around, a HyVee manager told me they have it on back order through their supply chain all the way to the vendor. Another store checked their supply resources and they could not even order it and the choices were very limited on what they could get. I checked on-line with the vendor and it's not being manufactured right now and there isn't a timeline for it to restart production from what I was told. The HyVee manager I know has also told me they have several "normal" stock items that have become unavailable as their vendor is not producing some specific products - thus gaps on the shelf and odd ball shortages. We also liked chef boyardee pizza mixes and they (the vendor) only make a double pizza box mix and had dropped the old single pizza size. They looked for me to see if it could be sourced someplace else and it just isn't made that way anymore. The lesson is to grab it when you see it!

#297185 - 10/02/20 02:37 PM Re: Any shortages where you are? [Re: TeacherRO]
chaosmagnet Offline
Sheriff
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: USA
Vitamin Water Zero may be available, has no sugar, and does a good job with electrolytes. I buy the Lemonade flavor of it by the case.

#297186 - 10/02/20 04:25 PM Re: Any shortages where you are? [Re: TeacherRO]
Ren Offline
Addict

Loc: Wales, UK
Common sense? Especially seems in short supply over here in the UK.
County has told people not to travel outside of the county.
Problem is the local major shopping centre, which is less than 3km / 2m away from my front door is the other side of that boundary.

Other than that, not noticed any shortages, think all the restrictions on tp and canned goods were lifted several months back.

#297188 - 10/02/20 09:04 PM Re: Any shortages where you are? [Re: TeacherRO]
Phaedrus Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Big Sky Country
I guess I spoke too soon! I made my weekly Costco run today and they had a big palette of Chlorox Wipes up by the door. While I don't use 'em at home we do use them at work.

#297216 - 10/08/20 07:46 AM Re: Any shortages where you are? [Re: TeacherRO]
nursetim Offline

Loc: the last bastion of PHRASECENS...
In Phoenix, limited supply of disinfectant wipes. TP still rationed. There are still empty space on the shelves of Safeway/fry’s/Basha’s, but mostly stocked.
Flours; All purpose, self rising, bread, and whole wheat are back in stock, as is yeast. Meats were only rationed for a short while.

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 ... 14 15 >

Moderator:  MartinFocazio, Tyber 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
1 registered (M_a_x), 181 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
What did you do today to prepare?
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/06/24 06:18 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Using a Compass Without a Map
by KenK
02/28/24 12:22 AM
China and Taiwan
by brandtb
02/19/24 02:18 PM
No More Ritter Knives?
by KenK
02/19/24 01:33 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.