Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 41 of 57 < 1 2 ... 39 40 41 42 43 ... 56 57 >
Topic Options
#299510 - 07/26/21 10:35 PM Re: What did you do today to prepare? [Re: bacpacjac]
teacher Offline
Old Hand

following the news, charging tech. things, doing bike repairs

#299577 - 08/03/21 12:22 PM Re: What did you do today to prepare? [Re: bacpacjac]
Jeanette_Isabelle Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Nacogdoches, Texas
I altered my prepping strategy to include precious metals.

Jeanette Isabelle

#299588 - 08/04/21 12:49 AM Re: What did you do today to prepare? [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
LesSnyder Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: New Port Richey, Fla
JI... don't know if you are familiar with Thai baht bracelets, but the charms come in labeled gram mass amount of gold

I replaced my original NiCd power packs for my Ridgid cordless and contractor fan with Liion... I got OEM with the lifetime warranty rather than cheaper after market... OK, the real reason was that it has been super hot for Steel Challenge matches, and I needed a better fan battery for the gun cart smile

#299825 - 08/27/21 12:46 AM Re: What did you do today to prepare? [Re: bacpacjac]
Carpal Tunnel

I ordered thirty Cyalume Light Sticks, two 48 Count boxes of peanut butter cracker sandwiches, and a bottle of Liddell's homeopathic oral spray. I also added a hygiene product to the shopping list.

Soon, I will order more nutritional supplements, beef summer sausage, and Alka-Seltzer.

Jeanette Isabelle

#299828 - 08/27/21 04:20 PM Re: What did you do today to prepare? [Re: bacpacjac]
Carpal Tunnel

I've ordered more test strips for my glucometer.

Jeanette Isabelle

#299829 - 08/27/21 05:58 PM Re: What did you do today to prepare? [Re: bacpacjac]
Carpal Tunnel

I checked all expiration dates for my medical kit and four first aid kits and ordered items that have or will soon expire.

I checked the battery for my glucometer and ordered two replacement batteries for when I do need them.

Jeanette Isabelle

#299847 - 08/29/21 08:01 PM Re: What did you do today to prepare? [Re: bacpacjac]
Carpal Tunnel

I rotated my stock after receiving my monthly shipment of Zevia Rootbeer (an all-natural clear soda with only four ingredients: carbonated water, stevia leaf extract, natural flavors, and citric acid).

I ordered more cracker sandwiches and Alka-Seltzer from Sam's, but when I tried to order Glucerna, the vanilla was out of stock for delivery but had chocolate.

In the past, I ordered vanilla as a preference. Since May/June, I've been reacting to things I usually don't react to.

It turns out I can get the vanilla from Amazon and at a slight discount. The problem is, Amazon is currently limiting them to four a month. I usually go through three cases a month, but I've been going through five boxes a month since I've been sick.

I'll order one case of chocolate Glucerna from Sam's. Hopefully, I won't experience an adverse reaction as I have with other food items.

Jeanette Isabelle

#299848 - 08/29/21 08:26 PM Re: What did you do today to prepare? [Re: bacpacjac]
Herman30 Offline
Addict

Loc: Finland
Bought a proper bag with insert for my first aid stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_qaZVOg544

Edited by Herman30 (08/29/21 08:28 PM)

#299855 - 08/30/21 11:18 AM Re: What did you do today to prepare? [Re: bacpacjac]
Carpal Tunnel

I tested one of the Cyalume Light Sticks. Not only did I want to be sure I did not end up with a bad batch, but I also wanted to be sure that in the middle of the night, with minimal light, I can grab the light stick beside my bed, opening it, activate it and do everything I need to do from the light of the stick. Figuring out how to open the package in the dark presented a slight challenge. Other than that, the test was a success.

I'm considering getting a windup clock. Not only will I know the time when we have no power, but I would also like a source of white noise during a power outage.

Jeanette Isabelle

#299878 - 09/03/21 09:02 AM Re: What did you do today to prepare? [Re: bacpacjac]
paulr Offline
Addict

I guess the hurricane has come and gone since your last post, so I hope you made it ok.

Cyalumes were clever 30 years ago but LED lighting has made them obsolete since then. I would have said, equip yourself with a small LED headlamp. I have some very cheap 3aaa ones that are not waterproof but are better than nothing. I got them from morningsave.com but places like Costco also sell them. I'm looking into getting something better but these will do for now.

Page 41 of 57 < 1 2 ... 39 40 41 42 43 ... 56 57 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 287 Guests and 46 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Using a Compass Without a Map
by KenK
02/28/24 12:22 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.